I Hate You... (11/15/15)

What's your definition of love?
Is it a one and done thing?
To last forever; through thick and thin with the same person until your last breath?
Or is it just a quick little fling that is different when you find better things?
See nothing ever goes by the book.
Never cut perfectly straight like a distracted cook, but dangerous like that distracted surgeon who has been stressing because the girl he has been messing with for his entire love life up and disappeared.
What's your biggest fear? Is it disappointment? Loneliness? Emotions running rampant but you are just friends with benefits; I've got these feelings but you never realized that. So you are what you can be.
Her getaway when she can't sleep, or when she's so mad at him that she can't think. Playing with emotions that ignite like fire proving she sparks way more than just desire. After all that time goes and passes by, yet you still can't tell why it hurts your heart every time you see her. Because even though you were just friends it matched your definition of love so well that you didn't know that you got attached. That you wanted to be more. That you wanted to see her smile and feel her happiness as it radiated from her. That you wanted to see her laugh and look at you like no one else exists, that no one else matters. That the world falls away when you're in the presence of each other. But most of all, that you knew that you would do anything and everything to see her happy, even if it meant falling back and having to remain friends or never talking to her the same way when everything was so carefree, when you didn't see her as more than a friend, or even if it meant never talking to her again. Then you're stuck fading to the background thinking I hate you, I love you; I hate that I love you. Not knowing at the time that friends can break your heart too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old poem that carries a lot of memories. Some good, but many more bad ones. But I'm growing stronger as time passes.