Chapter Three, Part Two: Paint the Town Red

I wished Kimiko hadn't asked for whipped cream. Maybe if none of that had transpired we could've continued our meal and not had to worry about the outside until after we had our fill.

But of course nothing here could be easy could it?

"What is it?" Haruko nimbly leapt off the table and went to Mae's side.

"The wall...it's open!" Mae said.

Toshiro got his his feet, his tiredness forgotten. "What?"

The Diner was filled with everyone shouting in exclamation.

"Does this mean we can leave?!" Kaz shouted.

"Hold on, how is it open?" Chikara stood up from his seat.

Kena set her plate down. "Let's go!"

Mae would've been shoved out the door if not for Haruko and Toshiro.

"Calm down everyone!" Toshiro jumped in front of Mae, preventing her from being run over. "I don't think-"

"Puhuhuhu!" Monokuma appeared right in the middle of us all.

The mood in the room drastically changed. As the bear showed up, our hopes for leaving vanished.

"You don't really think I would let you out, do you?!" Monokuma studied us all menacingly.

"But there is a wall open." Mae said, trying to grasp a the possibility.

"Of course there is airhead! If you didn't have so much air in your head you would be smart enough to see it!" Monokuma said.

"Airhead? I did see it-" Mae's hands rested on her hips. "Say that again asshole!" She glared down at him.

"Airhead!" Monokuma shouted, raising his paws.

Mae took half a step forward but Ryu grabbed her arm and spoke quietly. "It's what he wants, love."

I looked at Ryu in shock, surprised that he could speak so softly and kindly.

Utsumi also looked at him with surprise.

"Did you show up for a reason or are you just going to be insulting people?" Saori crossed her arms and glared at Monokuma through her glasses.

"I'm going to do what I want!" He shouted.

I felt a weight settle upon my chest as Monokuma spoke. Each time his voice sounded I wanted to escape. I didn't feel like myself when he was around.

"Why are you here? To talk or just hinder us further?" Haruko asked.

Monokuma sprang forward with sarcasm. "I'm here to explain to all you clever Ultimates how this place works!"

"You already did that." Renji said softly.

Monokuma ignored Renji, continuing as if the Ventriloquist didn't exist. "After every class trial a new area of the town will be available for access!"