•New friend•

CAYDEN's Pov
I pick up Abigail's helpless body looking for someone to help. There was no telling of when this was over.

Crowds of people sat and watched as Jackie took Jessica's hair putting her in some choke hole. Jessica managed to get back on her feet and pushed Jackie against the lockers. Leianna, came in, grabbing Jessica and throwing her across the hallway.

I can't do anything but sit and watch, and find a way out to get Abby to safety.

Leianna helped Jackie to her feet as Jessica did to. Something told me this fight wasn't over. Leianna stood her ground as she tried her best to protect Jackie. As everyone thought Jessica was gonna make her move she turns and looks at me.

"I can't believe you would defend that asshole." She said. "After EVERYTHING you and I had been through you chose her." She continued.

Before I could say anything I felt two hands on my back, push me to the ground, dropping Abigail in the process. Behind me was Ciara, Jessica's other friend. Jayda comes behind her punching her as her head hits the lockers.

Jessica then goes back for Jackie, pushing Leianna to the ground. With Jackie being weak she could barely defend herself.

Just then the school police step in and picks Jessica off of Jackie. I pick up Abigail. Jackie and Leianna managed to crawl then the crowd and help me get Abby to the nurse.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We ran her to the nurse as Leianna opens the door.

"She needs medical help!" I yell out. The nurse looks at us in shock wondering what the he'll happened. She then snaps out of her own little world and gets to her phone. She scurries back into the room and directed me to lay her on the bed. She told me it was best that we give her, her space. As she was putting the oxygen mask onto Abigail's face, I gently lift her head up to stop the bleeding.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I stood in the waiting room for what felt like hours. I wasn't leaving until Jackie and Leianna were checked out and Abigail was admitted to the hospital. Just then a small boy who looked to be about the age of twelve stepped into the office and closes the door behind him. He looks at me, then Jackie, then Leianna.

"Well damn." He says giggling a little. None of us laughed we just looked at each other. He clears his throat then proceeds to continue but the nurse interrupts him.

"May I help you?" She asks. He looks at us then back at the nurse.

"Well um, I came in for a paper cut but uh it looks like you've got your hands full. So uh yeah." Just then the machine on the oxygen tank begin to go haywire. I get up to check on Abby and the nurse shot up to help.

"Well don't just stand there help." She yells at the boy.

"Shit." He says as he runs to go get some more towels. She gets the oxygen tank back into place and continues to look at me. Then she looks down at the boy who was in fact a high schooler and proceeds to say.

"I'll get your badge in a second." He smiles and takes a seat in the waiting room.

I take a seat next to him and look over to the girls.

"You ok?" I ask.

"Yea were fine." Leianna says. I look down then back up when I feel a little tap on my shoulder.

"Nasir." He says. "You?" He asks me.

"Cayden." I reply.

"So you work out huh?" He examines me then looks me back in the eyes.

"What do you think?" I flex a little to scare him.

"Haha you are no one to fuck with are you?" He asks.

"No." I said in a deep voice. Jackie and Leianna turn to each other then back at me. We all begin to laugh to lighten the moments.

"I'm Leianna and this is my friend Jackie." Leianna says introducing them.

"Sup." Says Nasir . "Well shit I came in here for a damn bandaid and yet I still sit here." He says.

Before anything else was said the ambulance comes rushing in with a stretcher. I get up to help them out her on the stretcher and head out the door.

Happy thanksgiving everyone hope you liked it. 🦃