Confessions

One day left, Sakura took in a shaky breath as she sat in her office. She wasn't fighting, but that should not have a huge impact on the outcome of the battle. She'll be helping the medics take care of the injured, Tsunade taught her more than just fighting. The pinkette's gaze shifted to the pile of paperwork on her desk and she growled, she really hated paperwork. Picking up her pen, she began tapping it on the desk while she read one of the many papers. All the while she was silently hoping for someone to come and distract her, that way she'll have an excuse for not doing her work. As if her prayers were heard, she heard a knock on the huge, brown doors.

"Come in." She said, pretending to write.

Sasuke walked in and raised an eyebrow at her. "You're actually doing paperwork?"

Sakura sighed and looked up, even if she lied he would figure it out. "No."

Sasuke chuckled. "Let's go for a walk, maybe that'll get rid of your procrastination." Sakura grinned and got up.

-

Outside was chilly, making Sakura wish she brought a sweater. She glanced over to Sasuke and scowled at his black sweater, at least someone was warm. The pinkette simply crossed her arms in hopes of creating some warmth for herself, it wasn't working out. Sasuke glanced at his companion and raised an eyebrow, how was she cold? He then looks at her attire and rolled his eyes, she was wearing a short sleeved red shirt and black shorts. Sighing, he took off his sweater and threw it at her... Literally.

"SASUKE I COULD HAVE DIED!" Sakura yelled, pretending to faint.

"Stop being so dramatic and put on the sweater." Sasuke simply replied.

Sakura shrugged and slipped the attire on, immediately feeling warmer.

"Thanks, Sasuke." She said, grinning at him. Sasuke stared at her before turning his head the other way, making the girl confused for a minute before she faced forward.

Sasuke turned forwards as well, once the blush he was hiding calmed down.

-

They didn't go far from the base, since sound members were most likely close by, trying to get rid of some of their enemies before tomorrow. Sakura had been repeatedly asking Sasuke if he wanted his sweater back, after a cold gust of air passed them, leaving the pinkette shivering even with the sweater. Sasuke had now dragged her to a café, where they ordered some tea and sat down, looking at the quiet streets. After they ate in comfortable silence they set out again, to walk back before it gets too dark. The walk was silent as well, but it didn't bother either of them. They got to the base and walked down the many corridors until they got to Sakura's office door, they both stopped.

"Thanks for taking me out Sasuke, it was way better than paperwork!" Sakura said happily. Sasuke smirked.

"Sakura... Uh I wanted to tell you something.." Sasuke said, stopping the pinkette from opening the door.

"What is it?" She questioned.

Sasuke began to inwardly panic, he didn't think he'd get this far. Having the words stuck in his throat, he decided to use actions instead. He put one hand behind her head and brought her forehead to his, seeing as she didn't protest he felt a wave of confidence wash over him.

"Listen, I've liked you for a while now Sakura. If I don't ask you this now, I might never get the chance to again. Would you like to be my girlfriend?.." The dark haired boy let out a breath, he'd finally said it. Now he needed to hear her answer, looking down he saw her staring at him in awe with a small blush in her cheeks.

"Y-yeah, of course!" She finally said, wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him. It only took him a second to hug back.

"Thank you, Sakura."

-

Later that day, the new couple walked into the canteen for dinner holding hands. Everyone just got over the shock of finding out Naruto and Hinata were dating, so this really got them. Ino spit her food on Shino, who ended up spilling his drink on Shikamaru. The lazy boy was asleep and when he woke up he accidentally knocked his drink on  Tenten's lap, which caused her to fling the mashed potatoes on her spoon into Neji's hair. Neji then proceeded to stand up in shock, accidentally tripping Lee who was just walking to their table. He landed face first in Kiba's rice, Lee's food fell on Choji. Not wanting to be the last one to be covered in food, Choji threw some soda on Naruto, who was currently slurping ramen. Out of shock from the soda, he knocked over his ramen onto Hinata's shirt. Hinata's elbow hit Ino's plate, which fell onto the blonde girl. Ino screamed and flung her broccoli straight into Kiba's face.

Sasuke, Sakura and the rest of The Leaf  members stared for a few moments before they bursted out laughing. The noise was so loud it felt as though the ground was shaking, the Leaf 13 members blushed... Well except Sasuke and Sakura.

"You two are dating now?!" Ino asked once everything settled down, Sakura nodded and grinned.

She sat down next to Sasuke and they told us all about how it happened, the girls were disappointed they didn't kiss.

"Why not!?" Tenten asked, pouting.

Sasuke simply shook his head. "It just didn't happen, that's all." The girls hung their head.

"Cheer up ladies! It's not like it'll never happen." Sakura said, sweat dropping at her friend's attitudes. The girls immediately perked up.

-

While Sasuke walked Sakura back to her room, he kept stealing glances at her. Sakura was too caught up in her thoughts to notice, they did have less than 10 hours till they took off into battle after all. Stopping at her room, Sakura turned to say goodbye but was cut off by Sasuke's lips on hers.

Quickly getting over her shock, she wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened to kiss. When they let go they took some time to catch their breath, before looking into each other's eyes and smiling.

Little did they know, that would be the first and last time they did that for a while.
-------------------------------------------
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Wassuppp? How was the chapter? If you have any ideas or advice let me know!