The Sand

The gunshots had come from about two blocks down, Hinata thought. She grabbed Naruto and ran into a nearby alleyway, hoping to stay out of sight. In the ally, her and her blonde companion were merely inches away from each other. If she hadn't been so focused on the nearby attack, she would be blushing the same shade of red as her partner. Naruto however, has never felt this jittery sensation in his stomach before, not even with Shion. So why was he feeling it now? He looked down at the focused girl infront of him and knew it had to be because of her.

Hearing the gunshots quiet down, Hinata waited a while to make sure the coast was clear before backing away from Naruto. This left the blonde slightly disappointed, but he didn't show it.

"Come on, we should head back quickly." Hinata said.

"Y-yeah." Naruto agreed, still feeling weird.

-

Back at the base, Hinata went to give the mission report to Sakura, while Naruto headed to his dorm.

"Well you were pretty close to where the last sound attack was, so maybe there were still some rogues around." Sakura reasoned, still worried about how close the gunshots were from base.

"The next leader meeting is in Sand territory, so we can discuss is then." Hinata said. "But we lost Mistu and Kai when we were defending The Mist's territory, so you need two new guards."

"Well I'm still bringing you and Shika, maybe we can bring Naruto and Sasuke? They're good enough to be guards so it shouldn't be a problem."

"Okay, I'll head over to let them know, we're leaving at 5am sharp, right?"

"Yes, Thank you Hinata."

-

The next day, Sasuke and Naruto met up with the other three infront the cafeteria. They ate some breakfast and as planned, left at 5am. The girls led them to a huge garage, filled with cars, trucks and motorcycles. Hopping into a black car, they drove off. The ride would take around 2 hours, so they had a lot of time to get to know one another. Sakura and Hinata got the details on the boy's separate breakups, and the girls told them how they joined the gang. Shikamaru told them how he got together with Temari, and about his best friend, Chouji.

By the time the trip to The Sand was over, everyone was tired and ready for a good nap. Gaara, Kankuro and Temari were waiting outside the hidden doorway for them, they greeted each other and walked into The Sand's base. Naruto got along with I'm them great, but Sasuke stayed more to himself. Sakura took note of that, she'll have to get him to open up more. Getting to the meeting room, Hinata, Sakura and Shikamaru went inside, while Naruto and Sasuke stood guard.

It was a very boring job to the boys, all they did was stand there until the meeting was over. What was the point of guards? The boys never knew about the countless guards who have died standing right where they were, or how many times they were attacked, they had yet to find out. When Sakura, Hinata and Shikamaru came out they all looked tired and stressed out, the meeting had gone on for over 4 hours!

"Why does The Sound have to be so troublesome?" Shikamaru drawled.

"Tch, we have 60 days to train enough members to go into battle, or else we're screwed." Sakura added, massaging her temples.

"B-battle?!" Naruto exclaimed, Hinata put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"Yes Naruto, the five biggest gangs in America are going to fight against The Sound in 60 days." Hinata confirmed for him.

"Let's go to our hotel to finish this discussion." Sasuke suggested, seeing that all the other leaders were long gone.

Sakura looked around. "Yeah, let's go."

-

At the hotel, the girls filled the guys in on what happened. Shikamaru went out with Temari, leaving just those four. The Leaf needed to train at least 40 out of the 126 recruits they had so they could stand against The Sound, if not they would most likely be defeated. After filling them in, Naruto and Hinata went out for dinner, which Sakura was sure to tell Ino about later, and Sasuke went out to buy some take out for himself, leaving the pinkette alone.

Sakura found herself stressing over everything. Were her parents safe? What if The Sound attacked early? What if they run out of time? She still had paperwork back at base to finish, times to set up for training, more meetings with the elders. Oh how she hated those elders. Sakura decided she would deal with all her problems like her sensei, Tsunade,  did. She would find herself some vodka and watch mean girls.

Sasuke was in his way back to the hotel, he had decided to buy some take out for Sakura as well, since she was technically his superior. Plus, the girl didn't have anything to eat other than the mints the hotel left on the pillows, yet when he walked in he was met with a surprise. Sakura was sprawled on the couch, a half empty bottle of vodka in her hand that she probably went out and bought, and the end credits of a movie on the tv screen. The all mighty gang leader was barely awake, she was drunk!

Sasuke had to bite back a laugh, was she really a leader of one of the strongest gangs in America? The girl was murmuring things to herself as well, something about paperwork and keeping everyone safe. That brought a smile to the dark haired man's face, even while drunk she still cared about her members. Sasuke gently took the bottle out of her hands and picked her up bridal style. He carried the girl to what he assumed was her bed, and lay her down, pulling the blanket over her.

Sakura immediately fell asleep, and Sasuke looked her over. He put a stray strand of her hair behind her ear and smiled again. She was indeed beautiful, he stepped away and walked over to the door. Opening it, he gave her one last glance before walking out of the room to his and Naruto's.

If you looked close enough you could see a hint of pink on his cheeks.
------------------------------------------
Sasusaku moment. How are you guys? Feeling ok? You're a wonderful human being ok?