eleven - slip

Super very short chapter for my own reasons but i need your opinions. I'm excited to finish up this story and all, but i feel like I'm getting less views.

What are your thoughts on this story so far?

Silence crept up on the previously joyful mood of the loop. No words were spoken, they only looked expectantly up at Althea and waited for an explanation.

"If an ymbryne stays in bird form for too long, 3 days if we're lucky, she'll be stuck in bird form forever. We've got to go. Now," the words echoed around inside Lois's mind and in the silence she was painfully aware of her own heavy breathing and the noise as she swallowed nervously.

Stella came out as well soon after, a bow and quiver slung across her back, fiddling with a bags of more supplies. "I'm coming as well. Miss Wren saved me first from hollows, but her loop is for peculiar animals, not kids, so she brought me here. I know the way there," she said.

"I want to come!" both Leo and Connor said.

"Go ask Miss Myna," Stella shrugged. The twins took one glance at each other and raced inside.

"What about Rory?" Lois said. Her voice came out shaky and fragile as glass, giving way to how she really felt,

"She'll be okay," a kind but unfamiliar voice spoke up. Lois looked to the source of the voice and found a pretty dark skinned girl with lots of dark curly hair smiling at her. She wore shorts and a t-shirt that hung loosely on her skinny frame She was barefoot, flowers scattered around her feet. Her eyes were watery blue and kindness overflowed from them.

"Uh, who are you?" She asked, cursing herself silently because that had sounded a bit rude. It didn't much matter now because they're about to lose their ymbryne and Rory is sick and nothing has gone right. The girl looked sympathetic and like she understood loss.

"My name is Ella. I know a good bit about medical stuff. So does Miss Myna. Rory will be okay, she can stay here and you can come back for her," Ella said. Ella and Stella, Lois thought, even if they couldn't be more different that has to be confusing.

"I- Uh- Okay," she said weakly, losing will to argue. The curly haired girl put a delicate hand on her shoulder and walked off to speak with Althea. When she lifted her bare feet, a flower appeared where it hadn't been before. Lois had been in the peculiar world for a while but she never truly comprehended that there were so many other peculiarities out there.

---

The kids launched into hurried preparation. It didn't take long with the extra help from Miss Myna's wards. Stella had more arrows and supplies they may need. The twins were coming now, which Stella seemed more annoyed than excited about. Lawson seemed fine with it though, even if she did he best to hide it. I'm her best friend, Lois thought. Its my job to know these things.

They walked again over the bridge and out through the tunnel, like a lost form of déjà vu. Lois held back the waterfall and everybody walked through to the woods again. It went normally, without any hollows or wights that they could see. The loop wasn't far from where they were, so they set off once again to save the owl that looked so much like a regular bird now. The spark in the snowy owl's eyes was quickly fading and as the white feathered bird's wards, she felt it was her duty to save her.

---
*time skip*

"Cuthbert? From the Tales of the Peculiar?" Lawson asked, staring at the stone in awe.

"Well, yes, I guess. That's only a tale though, its just a rock," Stella said, turning her nose up and trying to look tough.

"Its in the stone?" Lois asked Stella.

"Yep, not too far. I mean, especially for a girl that can breath under water," she finished, nodding toward the rock.

Lois waded into the water and began climbing the rock. The recent rain left the rocks slippery and wet. She had almost hauled herself up to the top when she lost her footing and everything went dark as the impact from the rock hit her head and she fell backwards into the water.