Chapter 7: Blacklisted

After strolling the town for most of the day, May and Bonnie returned to the boarding house to get ready for the gala.

When they got back, they saw Max and Clemont in front of a laptop while they searched for possible clues about the creature.

Bonnie approached them. "Whatchu guys find out?"

"Not much." Clemont answered. "We tried searching about new Pokémon discoveries, and we also looked at the Ultra Beast sightings in Alola. So far, none of those seem to link to our creature friend."

"Haven't you guys been searching about that even before we came here?" Bonnie asked.

"Well...with the recent sightings, maybe we could find something new. I mean...maybe we could find something as to where it calls its home or something." Clemont replied.

"Hmm..." May said as she approached them. "If other people know where it is, I don't think they would be posting it online."

"That is true. Ross is rewarding a huge amount of cash. However, it is possible that someone might have seen it even before Ross announced the reward." Max replied.

"I know...what if we search more about Ross instead?" May suggested.

"We already know that he is a businessman who provides devices to help people make their lives more convenient. Other than that, he also has a program called 'Tech Me Later' in which he provides loans for aspiring researchers and inventors." Clemont said.

"Tech Me Later? Isn't that just a pun made out of a Drake album?" May thought.

"Well...it does sound like 'Thank Me Later.'" Bonnie said.

"Yeah...that's quite a weird name, but I guess it is a way to attract people." Clemont said.

"Wait..." Max thought. "Let's search about Milani. I know she knows something that not a lot of people do."

"That Ross is a loan shark?" May said.

"Yeah...maybe. But what if there is something more?" Max replied.

"It's going to be difficult searching for someone we barely know." Clemont said as he typed. "We don't even know her last name. If you simply search 'Milani,' all you see is about a cosmetics brand."

"Try searching on Facebook." Bonnie said.

"Okay." Clemont replied. He typed in her name and he didn't see that many results. However, he may have come across it. "Hmm...Milani Lionel? Looks like this is her. Unfortunately, you can only see her name and her info is private. No mutual friends as well."

"Wait...what?" May muttered. No one heard her, so she didn't let them know anything. She looked at the time. "Guys, I think we should prepare for the gala."

--

They finally arrived at the site of the gala. They thought it would just be easy and quick to get in since it was free admission.

They were wrong. There was a long line, mainly caused by a security guard asking a bunch of questions before they enter.

They patiently waited in line. They saw some people eyeing the two girls in front of them since they were dressed quite formally. One of the girls had blue hair and green eyes, and she was wearing a black-blue dress. The other one was blonde with blue eyes, and she was wearing a red-black dress.

"I told you guys we should've worn something fancy." Bonnie whispered.

"It's fine, Bonnie. I'm pretty sure not a lot of people got dressed up anyway." Clemont said.