Chapter 8: Green Hair, Green Eyes

At the gala...

Men and women in fancy outfits gather as they await the man of the hour, Harold Ross.

The words coming from the mouths of the guests were in a similar tone.

Money, money, money.

No regards to whatever. They just want to get paid.

However, there were particular guests who weren't really in it for the money.

Melanie Silverman and her friend, Irene Griffin.

"M-Mel, is that him? Green hair and green eyes, right?" Irene asked Melanie as she pointed to a particular green-haired man. "I'm not gonna lie. He's kinda cute."

Melanie looked at him and sighed. "You know that I can't see well without my glasses. Hmm...but basing from what I think I'm seeing, that's not him, Ire. I'd let you just talk to him and flirt to your heart's content, but we're on a mission right now."

"Flirt to my heart's content? Mel! I don't even have the guts to do such thing."

Then, two men in black suits appeared near the stage as they escorted Harold Ross. The crowd applauds at the sight of him.

"Ah yes. My people! Welcome!" Ross greeted as he took the podium. "Now, I do believe that you are all interested to know more about that wretched monster that taints this fine town. I know, I know, some say that he's a hero, but again, he's just a deceiver. Heck, some say he saved someone from being kidnapped by the two men? Well, I say damn it all. No one was found with them. What if he just beat those two men up for the sake of entertainment?"

The crowd started discussing. What is it really true?

"I don't believe him one bit." Melanie whispered to Irene.

"Ha. See? Don't let that monster deceive you. Heck, just look at him. It's no human. It's no Pokemon. It's no damn Ultra Beast. I mean...those Ultra Beasts are considered Pokemon. Do you think that thing can be trusted just by the looks of it? Hell no!" Ross continued. "One day, one damn day, it's just gonna come and end all of us."

Ross placed his hands behind his back and took a deep breath. "I plan to protect the people of Rosace. I plan to protect humanity. Protect them from these unclean beasts."

Suddenly, the whole area was surrounded by strong winds accompanied by leaves.

"Is it here? Is it actually attacking us?!" A man yelled.

"Holy...Ross is right. This monster is out to get us!" Another yelled.

The security guards made sure that everyone made it out safely.

However, Ross was nowhere to be found.

--

The next day...

May, Max, Clemont and Bonnie waited in their rooms as they waited for their guest to arrive.

"Are we really certain that we can trust that Jace guy?" Max asked. "I know he said some stuff, but should we count on it?"

"Well...he did seem genuine." Clemont replied.

"Honestly, I'm just glad no one got hurt from that attack at the gala." Bonnie said.

May sighed. "Would the 'monster' really do such a thing? After what he did for me?"

They heard knocking on the door. Clemont got to it, and saw three individuals. He was shocked to see one person there.

"Uh...Clarise. Thanks for bringing him here." Clemont said.

"No need to thank me, Clemont. Actually, I've met Jace already. He's a really kind young man." Clarise replied.