Chapter 17: Work Together

One year ago – Ross HQ, Rosace Town

Drew awakens to the sight of metal bars and machinery. He held on to the metal bars, asking for release from the cell he was in. However, no one responded.

He gripped onto the metal bars and noticed changes on his hands.

What...what happened to me?

He noticed that his skin has become green.

"ROSS! HEY!!! What did you do to me?!" He yelled. Again, there was no response.

He looked around and noticed something missing.

Roselia? Where are you?

Suddenly, he heard voices in his head.

Drew, I'm here.

Drew searched where the voice was coming from, but there was really nobody there.

Drew, I'm you now.

"Roselia? Y-you're me? HOW?! Did Ross really use that fusion machine? Damn it...he did, didn't he?"

Drew sat on the floor and buried his head on his arms.

What's May going think? I put the Roselia she gave me in harm. Heck, what would anyone think of me?! I'm a freak! A monster!

Suddenly, he heard the hidden door open up and revealed a young woman. Drew looked up and saw her approaching the jail cell.

"You poor thing. Guess my life isn't the only one my father is trying to ruin." She said.

Drew stood up, but he didn't speak a word.

"You didn't need to come here. Now look what happened to you." She continued.

"You're his daughter, right? What do you want?" Drew asked.

"Just...someone to talk to."

"You came to the wrong place then. I don't really care about you or your father. I don't care about your damned family. I only care about mine, so tell your father to just change me back, give my father back his money and let me go. I'd be happy to leave you alone if you just let me go back to LaRousse."

"Say what you want. I'll just stay here and talk."

"Whatever."

"Life's weird. Sometimes, there are things you don't find out about yourself until you're older, until you meet the right people. You want yourself to be happy, but you're afraid of the judgments people will have on you."

"Honestly, I don't even know what my girlfriend's gonna think if she finds out that I have become part-Roselia."

"Well...ya. But you know, if she truly cared for you, she's not gonna leave you."

"Why do you care?"

"You spoke up, for starters. Anyway...there is this girl. She's great. She's funny. She and I were best friends. However, things changed between us. We discovered something about ourselves that we didn't know."

"I guess you're starting to like her more than as a friend then?"

"Yes...I was so afraid to tell her at first, but she ended up being the first one to open up."

"Must be good."

"I guess you don't mind same sex relationships then?"

"I don't really."

"I wish there more people who accepted that. I know for a fact that my father would not. When he found out that one of the receptionists was gay, he immediately fired them."