Chapter 12: Open Up

Back at their boarding house...

"So, the creature guy said that he trusts us, but he doesn't want us to get involved any further?" Max concluded after Clemont and Bonnie summarized what the creature told them.

"And that he doesn't know anything about Drew?" Milani added.

"Yup and yup." Bonnie replied.

"Welp, I guess we're done here in Rosace Town then. We've seen the monster. We've seen him with our own eyes. We know how he looks like. He doesn't want us to get involved in this fight against Ross. So yeah, I think there's nothing else we could do." Max said in a sad manner.

"I guess so. But then, we don't really know how he came to be. Maybe that's just a line that we cannot cross." Clemont replied.

"But guys, we still have to look for Drew." Bonnie said. "That creature didn't really help that much."

May then comes out of her room with everyone else looking at her.

"Stop with the looking. I'm just gonna get some water." May said as she proceeded to the water dispenser.

Milani approached her, noticing that something still bothered May.

"What?" May asked.

"Well...I know the creature didn't really help us look for Drew, but-" Milani said, but she was interrupted when May put her hand in front of Milani's face. May drops her hand and proceeds to join the rest of the group. Milani follows her.

"So...what do we do now?" Jace asked. "Do we really just pack our bags and move on with our lives?"

"We infiltrate Ross' headquarters as soon as possible." May suddenly answered.

Everyone looked at her in shock.

"Are you effin' crazy, May?! You know what happened to Drew when he did that, right?" Max questioned.

"Max, you don't need to go. You just came here to Rosace to find the monster, right? If you want, you can just have Clemont and Bonnie bring you back to Petalburg." May replied.

"But May...you know I can't do that." Max said, feeling a little down. "I-I just don't want you to disappear too, you know. I don't want to lose my sister. Sure, you're annoying, but I still love you."

May tried to hold back her tears, but she just couldn't. She hugged her little brother. "Max, I love you too. That's why I want you to just go back to Petalburg."

"No, May. We're in this together. We're gonna find Drew together." Max assured.

The rest smiled at the sight of the familial love the two shared.

May released her brother from the hug and faced the rest of the group.

"Guys...you don't have to stay if you really don't want to." May told them.

"Girl, that's my cousin and best friend who is still missing. Of course I'm still joining." Milani said.

"Well, there's not much to do, so count me in." Jace said.

"Well duh! We're the squad, remember?" Bonnie added.

"I agree. I think this mission of ours isn't over until we find Drew." Clemont concluded.

"And Iris?" Milani asked.

"Uh...see...Cilan's auditions start next week. I wanna help you guys, but then I feel like this is a good opportunity to hone my acting skills. I don't know." Iris replied.

"It's okay, Iris. We understand." May assured her. "If the opportunity's there, grab it! Show them who's boss."

"Thanks, May. I'll still send whatever help I can." Iris said.