Chapter 15: Invading the HQ Part 2

May, Max and Bonnie make it out of the long hallway and got in a secret room.

There, they find huge machines, blueprints and a jail cell.

The three were speechless with what they saw. They knew he was hiding something, but something like this? What was it all about?

Max carefully approached a green button attached on the wall.

"Fake wind and leaves generator?" Max read from the signage beside the button. "Could use a better name."

May and Bonnie followed him. Bonnie noticed the blueprints and picked it up.

"I guess it's like a huge cannon that releases winds and such...wait...there's something written at the back." Bonnie said as she flipped the blueprint. "Says here that this is located in the function hall. And...whoa."

May looked at what was written from behind Bonnie. "Wait...he used this to fool the people at the gala so that they'd think the creature was attacking them? Wow."

"Looks like it worked too since they were running as if they were really in danger that night." Max commented.

"Now I really feel bad." Bonnie added. "The creature really didn't do anything wrong to them, and yet those townspeople hate him for it."

May then carefully looked at the other machine in the room. She saw something that was quite familiar.

"Hey, is this the actual Power Booster?" May said as she looked at the machine. There was another set of blueprints beside it. May took it and observed. She saw the notes written there and she was suddenly filled with a mix of shock and sadness.

"What's that, Cady?" Max asked as he approached his sister. Bonnie decided to check on another machine.

"This...this was a 'Tech Me Later' invention. It was submitted by Anthony Hayden, Drew's father." May replied. "However, it also says here that it's a modified version since Hayden refused to submit the final product. It also mentions here...'tested on The Experiment'? Exactly what is The Experiment?"

Bonnie came back to them, holding another set of blueprints. "Check this one out. This also said tested on 'The Experiment'. This is the Cell Fusion thingy."

"I wonder...do you think this creature is linked to The Experiment?" Max wondered.

Bonnie looks at the jail cell. "Maybe The Experiment was supposed to stay there?"

May examined the blueprints further. She noticed that the original blueprints were a bit different compared to the final output. "The one we see here is the revised version of the fusion machine. The one in the original version, the one made by someone named Bill, did make a cell fusion machine. However, he did make a Cell Separator. We don't see that here."

"I assume the Cell Separator is used to reverse the effects of the fusion machine." Max said.

"I think that's everything here. Should we head out before we're caught?" May asked. The two nodded.

Before leaving, May kept the blueprints they found inside her bag.

--

Clemont still waited on his seat. In the waiting room, it was just him and the flirtatious woman. He felt uncomfortable. At this point, he was much more bothered by the woman beside him than with his upcoming confrontation with Ross.

He then sees the purple-haired guy who was beside him a while back leaving the office.

"Calling number 9, Mr. Lester Howell. Please proceed to the main office." The PA announced.