Ch. 16

Heeeey , I'm sorry , I know this is a bit surprising and out of nowhere , but this is the last chapter of the book . There will be an Epilogue , Character Asks & Answers , then it's officially over . It's a short fic , after all .

Enjoy x

~~

-Two Years Later-

Harry got into his black Amber suit along with all the other firefighters , his heart beating loudly in his chest .

The ambulance arrived , and they started setting up the scene . 

They opened the ladder up to the top of the second floor of the firestation , the ambulance pulled out the stretcher to make it look like everything was real .

Liam patted Harry's shoulder , "Let's hope he believes it ."

"Yeah . I think he will , to be honest ." Harry said with a smile , Liam led him towards the other firefighters and paramedics so they can have the last talk before they start acting .

"Alright , I'm going to call Louis now , so they'll be here in a few minutes . Everyone remembers what they need to do ?"

Everyone nodded , Liam nodded and pulled his phone out , calling Louis .

"Hello ?"

The moment Liam signalled Louis answered , the medics and firefighters started calling in the background , "Get the stretcher !" "Everyone back away !"

"Hey , Lou , I need you to get to the firestation now ."

"What ? D-did something happen ?"

"We were practicing and Harry fell on his back from the top of the ladder , we need you here ."

"I'll b-be right there ."

The line went dead , Liam chuckled softly and looked up at everyone , "He fell for it , he'll be here in a few ."

~A month ago~

"Do you have any ideas ?" Liam asked , Harry nodded with a smile , "Yeah . But I'm going to need some help ."

"Shoot . Whatever you need ."

"Alright , uhm , so the idea is , we'll open up the ladder like we had a practice and all , and you'll call Louis to tell him I fell from the top of the ladder . And when he gets here , he'll see me on the floor with the medics 'taking care of me' , then I'll do it ."

"I have a friend who's a medic , I can ask him to come over with an ambulance ."

"Great , thanks mate , it means a lot ." Harry patted Liam's shoulder , Liam smiled , "Of course . I still can't believe you're going to do this ."

Harry got into position on his back on the ground , two medics kneeled next to him to make it seem like they're taking care of him .

A few minutes later they heard a car parking outside the station , and they started acting out .

"Get the stretcher ." One of the medics , Liam's friend Andy , told the other medic , who ran to the ambulance .

"Harry I need you to stay awake , okay ? Listen to my voice ." Andy looked down to Harry , who was staring up not moving .

Louis ran up to them in tears , Niall and Zayn right behind him . "Where is he ?" He asked Paul , who pointed to the ground , where Harry was surrounded by the firefighters .

His breath hitched and he ran up to him , "Harry , oh god ." He tried getting over to him but Paul held him back , "You can't get closer ."

Louis struggled , "No ! No , let me see him !" He pushed at Paul's arms , trying to get to Harry . A few seconds later Paul let go of him , Louis turned to Harry but froze in his spot when he saw Harry down on one knee in front of him as the firefighters and paramedics stood around him in half a circle , a large sign behind him , Will You Marry Me ?