#CHAPTER 3

"Change of plans." Andre said as I got out of the car. "My little butterfly has a lot of work to do tonight so our date is canceled." He pouted. I chuckled. "Ok. We can work on Damien's wife's car first." I said. He nodded. I grabbed my bag before walking into the garage. "Hey Elijah." I greeted the owner, a good friend of ours. "Evening boys. Ready to work?" We both nodded. "Great. Get dressed." He ordered leaving. We got dressed in his office quickly before walking out. "My kids will come down later to meet you guys." He said cooly. We both stopped on our tracks. "You have kids?!" I exclaimed. "Yeah. Long story short. I got a call saying my ex wife died, leaving her two kids alone. I'm the only guy she's ever been with. Unfortunately, I never knew. Was angry at first but I can't blame her. She was probably scared. I wasn't very stable then. I am now. I claimed my kids back afterwards. They seemed happy to meet me." He shrugged. We both just stared at him. He suffers from bipolar disorder and wasn't being treated for it 10 to 20 years back. "Get onto work. We have a lot to do." We nodded and walked to Damien's car. I winced when we looked inside. "It looks awful." I breathed out. "I know." Andre answered. I sighed. Andre worked on the top while I worked on the bottom of the car. It needed fixing badly. I put some music on my phone before we started to work. It's always better to work in a comfy environment. After two hours or more, we had finally finished with the car. We only needed to do the last touches. "Drinks anyone?" I heard a soft voice ask. "Two secs." I yelled through the music. I finished up quickly before wheeling out from under the car. I got up and smiled at the sweet girl in front of me. I wiped my greasy hands on my white T-shirt before grabbing a glass. Lemonade. I hummed in appreciation. "Thank you so much." I whispered drinking it. Andre came soon after guzzling it back down his fat neck. I chuckled. "So you guys work here everyday?" She asked. "About." I answered. "Nice way of making money." Andre added. I agreed. She looked about 15 maybe. "Cool." She smiled. "So you're Elijah's daughter." I said genuinely. She nodded. "Moved in a week ago." I nodded. "Sorry for your lost." Andre said. "Same." I said awkwardly. She smiled. "It's been a few months so we're coping." We both nodded. "We?" I asked frowning. "My brother and I." She smiled. "He should be here soon." I nodded. "My name is Cleo by the way." She said handing her hand out. We both handed out ours but grimaced at the sight of them. "Andre. And Nate." Andre said smiling. She nodded. "Cleo!" I heard a familiar voice yell from behind. We all turned around to see Isaac running towards us. We both frowned. "Is that your brother?" I asked. "Mhm." She hummed. Isaac blushed sheepishly at the sight of us. "Andre. Nathanel." He greeted. I frowned at him. No one knows that name since we moved here. Except my family and friends. Andre frowned at me and then at him again. "Since when do you know that name?" I asked looking at him suspiciously. His eyes widened for a brief second before she shrugged. "Don't call me that." I said glaring at him. He frowned. "Why?" He asked. "Because I said so." I said coldly glaring at him. He looked down and nodded. 'You're scaring him.' Andre said through the mindlink. 'I hope I did. He isn't suppose to know what my birth name is. I changed it straight after Isaya disappeared. He isn't suppose to know it.' I mind linked back annoyed. He sighed. "Thank you for the lemonade." He said awkwardly. "It was fabulous." He smiled at both of them. "Indeed." I said staring at the boy. How the hell did he find out my name? No one has ever called me that since Isaya. "We should get back to work." Andre said pulling me away. I glared at him. "One of our friends probably said it out loud by mistake." I huffed. "Think of it. How could he have known unless he heard it from someone?" I sighed. He's right. "You're right." I whispered. "I know. I'm always right." He said smiling. I chuckled. "One more car and then we're heading home." I said. He nodded. We took 2 hours again to do the second car. By then, I was nakered. I strechted my arms before yawning. "We'll be heading back." Andre yelled at Elijah. He nodded and waved us goodbye. We walked to his office to get our stuff, not bothering to change before heading back out again. "Nate." I heard Isaac call out. I looked at him and waited for him to continue. "Sorry." He whispered. I shrugged. "It's fine. I just don't use that name anymore. Never." I said. He nodded. "Can I ask why?" He asked. "Brings up bad memories that's all." I answered, starting to walk to the car. "Ok." He whispered. "See you tomorrow." I nodded and waved goodbye before we drove off to home.

I slumped onto the chair and sighed. What a long day. "You're home!" Logan cheered. I gave him the thumbs up. He chuckled. "So. Now we can talk business." He said and as soon as he did, all our friends came running up to us. I groaned. "What is it?" I asked tiredly. "The boy." He started. "What about him?" I asked. "You checked him out to the point of having spit leak out of your mouth." I snorted. "Hardly." I lied. "Don't deny it." Len said. I rolled my eyes. "Anything else?" I asked. "We think you should ask him out." I glared at them. "Just experience. You need a companion and he likes you. You can't just lose all hope of ever finding love again just because you lost your Luna." Matthew said. I laughed. "She was my Luna." I said staring at them. "My mate. And I lost her." They sighed. "You can still have a love life." I huffed. "Without a mate. That's just wrong. What if she comes back all of a sudden and I'm married to someone else?" They sighed. "Look, I appreciate the concern, but I'm fine. I'm not interested into Isaac at all. I hardly even know him." I said chuckling. "What does your wolf say about all of this?" Logan asked. I shrugged then realised I didn't know. I should know. I frowned. My wolf hasn't been talking to me today. "I don't know." I answered. "Oh come on. We tell each other everything." Andre protested. "And I really don't know. He hasn't been talking to me all day. Still isn't talking." I said. They frowned at me. "What is he doing?" Len asked. "Thinking over and over again." I whispered. "No wonder I'm tired." I groaned. "Freaking wolf can't even leave me in peace when I'm exhausted." They sighed. "Think about it, please. We hate seeing you like this. Just try it. We're all open minded people and really don't mind if you want to like try it out with a guy and stuff..." Andre said smiling sweetly at me. I laughed at them all. "Ok. Goodnight guys. Thanks for the small chat. It was really nice. Really really sweet." I deadpanned. They laughed. "Goodnight." My brother smiled at me. "Yeah yeah. Don't stay up too late. And sleep with an eye open. You never know." I said smirking at him. He huffed but nodded. I walked upstairs and quickly got undressed before walking into the bathroom. I closed my eyes, sighing when the hot water hit my skin. That feels good. My mind wondered off to Isaac. Why should they even think of that? I couldn't bare the thought of betraying my mate. Sure, the guy seems ok but I'm not going to just go 'experimenting' like they all said. I'll be honest, I did find something about him luring. It just left you wanting more. But that's probably just his aura. I'm sure a lot of people are like that. I turned the water off after I was finished before walking out of the shower. I got dressed and brushed my teeth before getting into my bed. I closed my eyes and smiled. Isaac is a sweet guy. Doesn't mean I should make him mine. I still have a mate somewhere. And I'm not ready to give up.