#CHAPTER 8

After the movie, I had to carry Isaac back to his room because he fell asleep and wouldn't wake up. When I tried to wake him up, he just pushed me away. Literally. But I liked having him in my arms. And as creepy as it sounds, I couldn't help but run my nose allover his body, just smelling him. I also put some music in the background, to muffle the sounds of my friends making love. Each and every one of them. Arg. Gave me chills. Seriously. I kept the TV on in my room to stop myself from hearing them. It was honestly scarier than the horror movies I watched after. I don't remember falling asleep but I probably did. Obviously did since I woke up from my sleep. "You should check up on your boyfriend, you know." I heard Eva say walking into the room. I groaned and berried my head under the cushion. "Come on. Get up." She said throwing some clothes onto my bed. I sighed. She's worst than my mother. Poor future kids. I got up and glared at her. "I needed to sleep." I whined, grabbing my clothes. "What time did you go to bed?" She asked. "I watched a few movies. It was late." I said pouting. She laughed before pushing me out of my room. I sighed and walked into the bathroom. I got showered and dressed quickly so that I could wake up Isaac from his sleep. I knocked on the door and opened it to see that he wasn't there. I frowned. I looked into the bathroom but he wasn't there either. I ran downstairs and was about to tell Andre Isaac was missing when I saw him eating beside the counter. I sighed in relief. No one saw me. I decided to pretend that nothing happened and that I didn't just panic for nothing. "Morning." I casually said, pretending to just do something on my phone. "Hey." Andre said. "You ok?" He asked. "Sure." I said walking to the kitchen, might I say a bit too casually. "Why are you walking so weirdly? And did you even realise you just ran down the stairs in panic?!" My brother said, frowning at me. "Did I? Am I?" I asked. Crap. This is embarrassing. "Did you all have breakfast?" I asked everyone, changing the subject. "Yeah." They all answered. I nodded grabbing myself an apple. I sat in front of Isaac who still hadn't noticed I was there. "Morning Isaac." I said biting into my apple. He looked up and blushed as he saw me. "Oh. I didn't hear you come in. H..how are you?" He asked blushing slightly. I smiled. "Good, now that I see your face." I said staring into his big blue eyes. He blushed and looked down. I finished my apple in silence, which wasn't very disturbing. "What are we doing today?" I asked getting up and throwing my apple core in the bin. "You're taking the boy home." I heard Eva say, matter of factly. I rose a brow at her. "You're already petranising him. Sure you haven't dated since like ages, but doesn't mean you can just make him blush and embarrass him all the time." She huffed sighing. I frowned looking at Isaac. "Do I embarrass you?" I asked him. He opened his mouth to say something but was stopped by Eva who opened her mouth as usual. "Of course you do." She said pushing me off my high chair. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Fine. I won't embarrass you anymore. Or tease you. Or make you blush. Or uncomfortable. Or-" I was cut by my brother yelling, "ok! We got it Nate! You like the guy. Now stop talking!" I rolled my eyes and slumped back into the settee. "I can't even enjoy myself anymore." I mumbled. "I just want to remind you guys that you were the ones to actually tell me to go out with him. I'm sorry if you don't like it now." I huffed crossing my arms. "Aaww." Len tutted. "We hurt his feelings." He said in a baby voice. I glared at him, then glanced at Isaac to see him staring at me. "Not true." I muttered. "I'm perfectly fine." I huffed turning the TV on. I sighed and started watching it. Andre joined me. "Your boyfriend's on his own over there. You wanna join him?" He asked. I huffed. "You'll all only be criticizing what I say and do so what's the point?" I asked, not expecting an answer. He sighed and walked away. "Now you're ignoring your boyfriend. Come and talk to him for God's sake." Eva said annoyed. I glared at her. "You're not my mother." I answered dryly. "And I can take care of him without your constant remarks. So with all due respect, Mrs Cole," I spat out, "piss off." I said walking to Isaac and sitting down next to him. She stared at me, gaping as she did so. "Woke up the wrong side of the bed?" Logan asked frowning. "Hardly." I muttered grabbing Isaac's glass of orange juice and sipping into it. He frowned at me. "I was thirsty. You don't mind, do you?" I asked, smiling innocently. He shook his head, looking away. I sighed and handed it back. "You wanna go have lunch somewhere around town?" I asked, hoping he'd say yes. He blushed. "I'd love to," he paused, "but we promised Elijah that we would spend time with him so that we got time to know each other." He said, smiling apologetically. "Oh." I frowned. "Sure. Family first." I smiled. Why am I feeling a bit sad? I sighed. It's my fault, if I wasn't so grumpy this morning, I'm sure he would have stayed. Maybe not. He did say his father needed him. "I'll drive you back home then." I said getting up. "Right now?" He asked. "Well it's 12 o'clock already so yeah." I answered. "I'll get my things." He said running up. I sighed and turned to my friends. "Next time any of you criticize me like that I swear I'll rip your hearts out." I said through gritted teeth. "It's for you, you know?" Eva said. "Well I'm trying here. You weren't the ones who lost your mate two weeks after you met her." I said glaring at them. "I'm trying." I repeated. "And I don't want you telling me what to do and what not to do with him. If I mess things up with Isaac, then I mess things up. I don't need you telling remarks every single second I'm with him so that I make the perfect boyfriend. I'm not perfect. At least I'm giving it a try." They nodded. "For what it's worth, I think he's the one to choose between Isaya and him." Eva said smiling. I nodded and sighed, walking to the front door to put my shoes on. I ran back upstairs to get my phone and purse and waited for Isaac. He smiled as he saw me. "Ready?" I asked. He nodded. We both walked downstairs. "You coming back for lunch?" Logan asked. "Er..." I frowned. "I'll see. Craving for some fries or something." I joked. He chuckled. "Ok. See ya." He yelled as we walked out the front door. He sat in the passenger seat. I drove off soon after. "You live in a weird place. Like it's deep down in a forest." I chuckled. "Yep. It's nice and calm like that." I said. He smiled and nodded. The drive was silent after that. And soon we had arrived and it was time for him to leave. I sighed when he opened the door. "Could we keep our relationship secret for now? It's just that I don't know what Elijah thinks about the subject and I don't want to scare him." I nodded. "Sure." I said smiling at him. "Ok." He smiled. "I'll see you soon." He said. I nodded. "I'll text you." I said as he walked away. Didn't hear me. I sighed and started the car again. I drove off and stopped at the closest diner. I ate French fries and a burger and just sat there for about an hour. I didn't want to go home. I wanted Isaac wrapped in my arms, smiling sweetly at me. I sighed. I screwed everything up already. I got my phone out and texted Isaac. 'Sorry for this morning.' I simply texted. That day, I waited all day for his answer but I never got it. Why the hell do I need him so badly? He's not my mate. Just a guy I'm interested in. I'm just giving him a chance because he liked me. Yep. That's it. He's just a guy. Not my mate. She's forever gone, I thought, sighing deeply.