War is Upon Us (22)

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"Itachi, now that the truth is out, and we all know, how would you like to be anbu captain?" Tsunade offers with a smirk. I sit straight up immediately with a smile on my face.

"He'd love to!" I say before Itachi could answer for himself. Itachi sighs silently while Tsunade chuckles at my enthusiasm.

"Obito, you will be promoted to jounin with Kakashi, and Sasuke, you're staying right where you are with Naruto." Tsunade says. I chuckle and Sasuke boils with rage. I laugh and pat his stomach, that's all I can reach from the floor.

"As of today, you have all proved loyal, seeing as how fast you all came to the aid of this girl. As long as it stays this way, you are all forgiven of your past crimes, and are all official jounin of the leaf, and can all participate in S and A ranked missions, except for Sasuke and his team." Lady Tsunade finishes with a smirk. I chuckle and try to stand up, but fall because of my wobbly legs. Dei catches me before I actually hit the ground and shakes his head.

"We're going home, you need rest, hm." Deidara says and I don't object, but make him take me around to everyone so I can hug them all and congratulate them.

~ Exactly 1 Mission and 4 Days Later ~

"Here's your report Lady Tsunade." Itachi says with me leaning on him slightly, while handing her the report.

"So you feel it too, huh?" Lady Tsunade ask me. I nod my head yes. She's referring to this dark feeling that's settled over the entire village. It felt like something was going to happen any minute now. I nod my head yes once more and look at the darker than usual Konoha sky.

"Well, you can see the future, well, to an extent, right? Check and see. That's an order." Tsunade demands. I nod my head once and take a deep breath.

"Yes Lady Hokage." I say as I gather chakra to my brain and eyes, since Itachi and I have been training, I've vastly improved and can see up to an hour into the future. I concentrate, and don't see anything for a while, but at what would be about forty five minutes, all hell breaks loose. I gasp and my eyes snap open.

"Oh God. Get the squads ready now. Madara and Kabuto are here, and they've got resurrected the Kages as well. We've got around forty minutes." I say. Lady Tsunade and Dei's eyes go wide.

"Deidara, Haleigh, go and assemble the Akatsuki, and take the Konoha 12 with you and meet them out in the battle field. I'll be sending all of the anbu and jounin first, then the chunin, go!" She shouts and we nod our heads.

"Yes ma'am!" We say in sync and run off. She's probably gonna use the genin to gather the civilians and get them to safety. We take off into the direction of the center of town and flare our chakra, the Akatsuki showing up within minutes.

"What's going on?" Kisame asks while swinging samehada around. My eyes darken and my fists ball up, making everyone get serious instantly.

"War, we've got to gather the Konoha 12, and quickly." I say and we continue running to the training ground where Karin said she felt Naruto's warm, sunshiny chakra.

"Naruto, Sakura, Sai! You three go find team Gai and meet back here, no time for questions, move!" I yell. They were all startled by my barking, but knew that I wouldn't be doing so unless the situation was serious. They all jump, but seeing the absolute seriousness in my voice, they take off to find Neji, Teneten, Lee, and Gai.

"Sasuke's team, you go find Team Kurenai, move!" I demanded. They all nod and race off to go and locate Kiba, Shino, Kurenai, and Hinata.

"Zetsu, go get Team Asuma, quickly!" I yell, he chuckles darkly and disappears into the ground to go and retrieve Ino, Asuma, Shikamaru, and Choji. I had assumed that Tsunade was in her office, writing furiously and sending letters to the rest of the Kages to get them here immediately.

I sigh and take in the last half hour of peace we will all have in a while. It took less than ten minutes for everyone to return, and by now, all of the anbu and Jounin were around us, hugging and passing out 'I Love You's' in case they didn't make it back alive. My heart sinks slightly at the thought that some of us would die as well.

"Listen up everyone. In exactly twenty minutes from now, Madara, Kabuto, and the dead Kages will be here to try and take over the shinobi world, and to say that we won't have casualties would be a lie. As it was supposed to go, all of the current Kages will die, Neji, you'll die, and several others. Hidan, Dei, Itachi, Sasori, Kakuzu, Pain, Konan, Itachi, and Kisame, you all were supposed to already be dead and some to be Edo Tenseis to help in the war. But, I swear to protect each of you with my life. I've loved you all for years now, and would, without a second thought, die for any of you here. Now, we need to move as far away from the village as possible, move out." I spoke with tears threatening to spill. All of their eyes were wide, some smiling at me, some crying, some praying.

"Thanks, Haleigh. I'd do the same for you, any day. Believe it!" Naruto said, looking at me with wide eyes and a bright smile.

"Yeah!" Kiba and Lee yell with their fists up in the air. A smile breaks its way onto my face, and tears gather in the corner of my eyes even more so.

"Agreed." Neji says silently with his arms crossed, and a small but genuine smile on his face. I was coming close to the end of my rope, it wouldn't be long now before the flood gates open.

"You've done so much for all of us, made a positive impact, brought us allies, brought Sasuke back, cleared the Uchiha name, and now are risking your life for each of us. I'm proud, lucky, and honored to call you a comrade." Sakura says. I finally let a tear slip down my face as I beam at them all so brightly, before replacing it with a serious facade.

After my order, I leap forward with Deidara's hand in mine, savoring the feeling in case, God forbid, anything were to happen. We get far into the forest, a clear area spread for miles, which will soon be littered with bodies, and we all knew it.

"Well well well, if it isn't the Akatsuki, and some new recruits as well. I feel betrayed. And I was hoping for a surprise attack, but I'll kill you all head on just as easily." Madara chuckles as Kabuto and the Kages come up from the wooden coffins.