Chapter 16

Izna felt guilty for leaving Sahir and rushing back home. She messaged him an apology text and went to take a shower.

She was in a deep thought in the bathroom and her phone rang. She wore her bathrobe and went to attend the call. It was her mother, reminding her about the good news. Her elder sister, Rumaisah's wedding which is going to be held in fifteen days and the wedding will take place in Mauritius itself.

Izna's mother asked her to come from a direct flight to Mauritius so that the preparation get going. However, Izna completely forgot about the wedding because of work pressure and she did not even booked any ticket and at that time it was very difficult to get the ticket. She was stressed out.

The next morning she went to the office and Sahir called her inside the cabin, even she wanted to have a private talk with Sahir.

She went in, and took a seat while Sahir started the conversation, " Look Izna I'm really very sorry about last night, maybe I was in a hurry and I messed up everything. But trust me, I have no wrong intention. It's just that I really like you and your manners and maybe I fell in love with you and wanted to make you mine before I lose you. I don't know what will be your answer but even if it is a 'no' we'll always be good friends and nothing can break our friendship. I'll always be there for you I promise."

Izna was still thinking and all she could say was : " Well I can understand but I need sometime to think, it's just that everything is happening so fast. I've just learnt to be independent, I want to take advantage of it. Please give me sometime and everything will be fine."

Sahir completely understood and smiled while agreeing with Izna. As it was the end of the month Izna requested Sahir to grant her one month leave as her sister would be getting married within the next two weeks and there is a lot of preparation going on and she needs to organise everything. And she requested Sahir to get her a ticket for the first flight to Mauritius. Sahir grant her the leave on the spot and arranged the ticket. And then Izna invited him for the wedding and thanked him for his help.

Izna packed her luggage and took the first flight to Mauritius. She was nervous going back to Mauritius after such a long time, she knew she would have to face Hunayn as he is also invited for the wedding. And their house were not so far from each other, she knew they would keep meeting frequently. She was restless thinking everything must have changed by now. But she gathered lots of courage.

When the plane landed, her father was waiting for her at the airport. She ran to hug her father and she cried, it was nearly after 3 years that she was meeting her father and the rest of her family. She was really emotional. Both father and daughter then took the direction back to home...