Chapter 26

Hunayn felt really sorry about Izna's disease. He had some hope that maybe Izna will be fine. Hunayn took Izna with him at his house so he could look after her much more closely and also to avoid making Izna's parents suspicious about anything. Zahra told his uncle that the kids were insisting that is why she is taking Izna with her. Izna's  parents did not refuse as they knew very well Izna would love to spend time with the twins as well.

Zahra took great care of Izna, she would cook nice meal for her so that she feel at ease while eating as the doctor said Izna had to eat only light foods. Zahra would stay awake during the night  for Izna and made sure she doesn't face any problem. Moreover, Zahra would give Izna her medicine from time to time. She was like an elder sister and a mother to Izna.

Hunayn there prayed day and night for Izna and he even took the responsibility of Izna's treatment expenses. Hunayn cared for her. Not only Hunayn nor Zahra but also Aleena and Aleeza took special care of Izna. And they would actually get up for Tahajjud(prayer) and pray for Izna's health. It is said that supplications made at Tahajjud time is never rejected. It is like an arrow that does not miss its target as Almighty Allah personally comes at the first sky and see which one of His creatures is awake in His rememberance thus Almighty Allah fulfils all the wishes of His creature only if it is legal and worthy. So even the twins tried it first time in their lives that too for Izna. She felt really special that so many people care for her.

But however her condition was deteriorating day by day. Even the doctors gave up on her treatment. Izna also gave up the hope that she will stay alive.

She called Sahir and announced this awful news to him as Sahir was her only best friend. She need not hide anything from him. Sahir was actually traumatised and decided to come back to Mauritius by the very next flight. He wanted to be by Izna's side and support her in this difficult time.

Unfortunately he got badly stuck in some works and he could not make it so quickly but he promised Izna that he'll be back soon.
Izna said "I hope that you won't be too late otherwise it's over."
Her words made Sahir eyes moist on the video call itself. Sahir had to hang on so that Izna doesn't see him crying. He was also broken from inside.

Afterall Izna was his first love. And he could not bear to see her suffering like this. So he tried his best to be strong in front of Izna. Sahir even sent a blank cheque with his signature on it and asked Hunayn to use it for Izna's treatment and make sure she gets well soon. Though Sahir was not physically with Izna but his mind was there.

But how could Hunayn told him that it was actually very late as no medicine no therapy was working on Izna.

Hunayn was also sad. He wanted to help Izna but there was no way out except to pray to Almighty Allah. He tried all ways possible so that Izna becomes healthy again but it seems extremely difficult.

Even Dr.Zaid said that the fact Izna used to smoke just amplified the hereditary problem of cancer. But at that time Izna did not take it seriously as she wanted to enjoy her teenage hood. She thought she was too young to get such a deadly disease. Who would have thought that she would be a cancer patient now?

One day, Izna decided to ask Hunayn for something and without knowing what is it Hunayn promised on the spot that he is going to do everything Izna asked...