Chapter 15

Hunayn unwrapped the gift and found a box. He opened the box, at the top he found a small note so he opened it to read it and in it was written :

"Dearest Hunayn, I want to thank you for giving me a place in your life in the darkest moments I was living. I also want to thank you for showing me that there is a reason behind living and death is not the only way out. Without you I don't know where I'd be. Thanks for giving and showing me the love I never got before. You helped me in any possible way and I appreciate it all. Thank you for getting me out of the hell I was suffering because Almighty Allah sent you as a blessing in my life. Thank you for being there for me when no one else cared. All I pray to God is that you stay happy always and continues to be successful in life. And last thing, we live only once, we die once and we fall in love only once in a lifetime and for me you'll always be my first love. I am not saying all this to make you feel guilty but rather to make you feel proud because without you I would not have been so successful in life and I'm grateful to you. Stay bless. Love, Izna."

Izna's words really touched Hunayn's heart. He felt an immense happiness and tears roll down his cheeks. He did not know what to say.

But he controlled his emotions, and his eyes fell on a little frame of 'dua' (supplications) for peace and happiness found in the box. Just then Zahra came in the study room and brought a cup of coffee for him.

Hunayn showed him the frame and the letter as well as he did not want to hide anything from her. Zahra was impressed by Izna's words , she never felt jealous but instead she would be happy that there is someone else who would always love Hunayn no matter whatever happened. She was really comprehensive.

There, Izna felt nice for expressing herself in the letter she has sent as she never got the opportunity to say all these things to Hunayn. Izna was feeling restless as well, she did not know whether Hunayn got the note or not. She wanted to confirm it but she had no option.

Izna never felt that she must acquire Hunayn, her love for him was so pure that she would identify herself as His Second Wife. Her soul belonged to Hunayn though she could never get close to Hunayn physically, but she really loved him. Izna started every day of her life with the remembrance of Hunayn after worshipping Almighty Allah. She would get great courage from that and could move on gradually.

Things got complicated when Sahir fell in love with Izna and proposed her on the terrace of the highest building in Cape Town.

Izna thought it was a formal meeting but she was surprised after finding so much preparation as if it was a romantic date. She asked Sahir what was going on, but then Sahir went down on his knees with a diamond ring in his hand and asked Izna to marry him.

Izna was shocked, she was unable to figure out what was happening. She needed some time to think over it. And she rushed back to her flat with a heavy heart, hating herself for such a situation she fell in...