Chapter 13

Image: Anya
--------------------

    The talk about her brother was pretty much non-existent. When Lucas had gotten her home she'd found her parents waiting. When Frank had started to apologize Stacy had stopped him with a hug and told him it was all fine. Of course her father still seemed a little crushed by the ordeal, and Stacy wasn't sure if it was because of what had happened between her father and brother, what he was, or both. She did know that he was regretting having not been there for him. It was because of this she put off telling her parents about her moving. It wasn't like she had so much to pack anyway. Just clothes and Greg's toys. She'd talked about Greg's room with Lucas on the way home but he'd just shrugged it off and said it was fine.

    A week had passed before she finally sat her parents down to tell them. "I'm moving. Lucas offered to help me rent an apartment so we're not all crammed into the house anymore."

    Greg sat frowning up at her, clutching his bear to his chest. "No." he shifted and glanced at Monika.

    "Hush. You'll get your own room." Greg shifted a little and gave a nod.

    Monika cleared her throat. "Is this such a good idea?"

    "It's fine mom. I talked with Lucas about it. I have enough saved up for the down payment. Or, well half of it. Lucas said I could pay him back."

    Frank frowned a little. "He lowered the rent for you, didn't he?"

    "Well....Yeah. A lot from what I could see."

    Frank frowned a little more at her, exchanging a glance with Monika. "Fine. Do you need help with anything?"

    "Well, no. The apartment is furnished. We just need to pack our clothes and his toys."

    Monika shifted a little. "Well, we were planning a block party for you coming home. I guess it'll be a moving party too." she said with a small laugh.

    "What? When? I've been here for like a month."

    "This weekend. And we needed time for everyone to RSVP."

    "When exactly were you going to tell me this?"

    "Friday." Monika said as she stood.

    "Mom! I do work."

    "David and Lily are coming. He decided to close down the tavern for that Saturday."

    "Why did no one tell me this?"

    "It was supposed to be a surprise." Frank muttered as he took the toy Greg handed to him, watching the boy walk away again to his other toys. "Don't know how considering you live here and it was going to be in the backyard."

    Stacy shook her head and let out a sigh. "I guess. I'm going to pack my stuff. Mom, what time is this get together?"

    "It's at noon. On Saturday. You're not leaving before then right?"

    "I was going to. But since that's like two days away I'll just wait."

    Monika smiled as she moved to lift Greg. "Good," Greg frowned as he was pulled away from his toys. "Let's have cake."

    Stacy shook her head as she watched them disappear into the kitchen. "It's surprising he's not fat yet." she muttered as she dropped onto the couch, rolling her eyes at Franks chuckle.

    Saturday seemed to come slower now that Stacy was expecting it. By the time she'd finished getting ready and headed to the back yard the party was in full swing. Stacy smiled and chatted with people she'd known her whole life. It was nice for her to see them again. She was more than happy when Megan finally showed, though that was replaced with surprised when she saw her holding Daniel's hand. "You two are dating?"