Chapter 51

Hey guys!! Sorry for the late reply. By the way,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope you guys have a great new year. So,this is the new chapter,hope you guys enjoy it!

Ray's POV

On the next day,the squad went to the airport with us to bid us farewell.

There were still fifteen minutes left before our flight took off.

Carl was talking to Ann while me and Alex bid our farewell as well.

"Don't forget our promises. I'll watch for you."

He nodded and took me into a tight hug in which our longing and love to each other was felt.

I didn't wanna let him go,not yet. I longed for him but I had to let him go for now.

An announcement were made to inform everyone that the flight to Rome would take off in 10 minutes.

Ray and Carl said their last goodbyes and went toward the departing gate.

I promised myself I would be strong while waiting for him to come back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been five months since the last time we saw Ray and Carl. And now we're in the same airport again.

Only this time, we're here to bid farewell to Sherry. Sherry and her family were moving to London. She was offered a scholarship to a medical school there.

We're gonna miss her badly, that's for sure.

"Don't forget to call us once you get there,okay?"

Sherry nodded and all of us made a group hug.

And once again,we're sending someone off.

Glen and Ivy went to visit the Gordon's afterwards. Mario and Feli went to his friend's birthday party. Carol and her new boyfriend,Carlos were nowhere to be seen.
All the lovebirds were already on their own dates.

Which left me with Cg and Ann.

The three of us decided to have ice cream.

While we we're having ice cream,Ann posted a picture of the squad on Instagram.

The caption was " friendship lasts no matter where you are."

Well,that meant no matter where we all are ,friendship will be the centre.

Even if Sherry was in another country,we're still the squad.

I smiled at what she posted.

My phone vibrated and it was a Whatsapp chat from Ray.

I read the text carefully since it was a long one.

On the next day,I asked Cg to drive me to Ray's mansion to meet his mum.

I rang the bell and It was Nanny Gail who opened the door for me. She was surprised to see me there.

"Alex? What are you doing here?"

I smiled at her and asked her if Ray's mum was home. She asked me to wait in the living room.

I was nervous as hell. Well,since Ray asked for this favour,I'd do my best.

A woman in about her early 40's came into the living room and gave me a warm smile.

I stood up to greet her but were taken by surprise when she hugged me.

"So good to finally meet you Alex."

"Um,nice to meet you too,Mrs Chadwick."

She loosened the hug and invited me to join her for tea. Well,the favour Ray asked for would best great to be talked about over tea.

"Call me Sandra. Mrs Chadwick seemed too formal."

She seemed nice. I wondered why was it so hard for Ray to tell her the truth.

In the middle of tea, Sandra asked me about the reason for me to visit her out of the blue.

"Well,I'm here on behalf of Ray."

She smiled at the name of her son. But somehow,that smile seemed different. I felt something sad through her smile.

"Well,he's barely home and when he has something to say,he asks his girlfriend? Well,that's how sons are like. So,what is it that he wishes to tell me that he needs to ask you to do it?"

I took a deep breath before started talking.

"Well,before I tell you,I'm asking you to forgive whatever it is that Ray wants to tell you and please understand his circumstances. This is what he wants me to tell. He asked you to stop doing things that will ruin others' marriage. He couldn't tell you this because he loves you so much that he didn't want to tell you the truth and make things awkward between the two of you. And he asked for you to seek forgiveness for what you've done. He's been asking for the same thing for all these years,but he kept them all inside. And he apologizes for not telling you the truth himself."

Tears we're falling down Sandra's cheek when I finished talking. I went over to her side and gave her a hug that I hoped would comfort her even a bit.

"What good deeds had I done that I deserve a good son like him? "

I was surprised at what she said. Well,seemed like the mother and son were similar in their own ways.

"He understands you,that's why he couldn't bear to you like this. I'm sorry to say this, since I'm a stranger. But in my opinion,you should at least consider how Ray felt like all these years. You might not see it,but he's been crying all alone thinking about how can he redeem what have you done by himself. He felt guilty in your place. I think it's time for you understand him,just like he has been understanding you. And if you need someone to talk to,I'm here."

Sandra looked up at me and wiped her tears off.

"Thanks Alex. Ray's lucky he has you as his girlfriend."

"Actually,we broke up few months ago. We're best friends now."

Sandra laughed. I mean,she suddenly laughed when she cried a few minutes ago.

"What is it?"

"Well,I bet you guys had to broke up against your will. I'm sure he'll come back to you."

"Thanks.I'll wait for that day then."

Before I left, Sandra thanked me again for the sixth time already.

And the next destination would be Collins School of Boys which was ten miles away.

Cg drove us to the school and we went to the warden's office.

"May I help you Miss?" The lady in charge looked like in her 50's.

"Yes, I would like to meet Sean Tristan Chadwick from room 107 of the Fencing Club,please?"

"Okay,here's your visitor's pass. Please wait in the guest room."

I asked Cg to take a walk around the nearby shops while I met Sean.

I went to the guests room and called Ray while waiting for Sean.

"Hey,how is it going? I'm sorry to trouble you with this favour."

"It's the least I could do for you Ray."

We said our goodbyes when a boy about sixteen walked into the guests room.

He sat in front of me while chewing a bubble gum and crossed his legs.

"So,who are you?"

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
As usual,I'll thank you guys first for reading this story. And feel free to vote,comment or share.

-mekeyJD -