Chapter 55

Ray's POV

It's been a year since Alex and me got engaged. It was the best year. I reconciled with Sean,got closer to Mom. And the girl I love was finally mine.

The squad finally graduated last week.
Alex decided to continue her study in filming.

I was looking at our picture on my phone when Lisa came into my office with a worried expression.

"What's wrong?"

"Ray,our warehouse in Sydney is having trouble right now. Golden Pine is sending men over to take over the warehouse."

I slammed my fist on the table and clenched my fist.

That old man is going too far.

I stood up and asked Lisa to inform Carl that I was on my way to Sydney.

I called Jared,my personal pilot to bring me the Blackjack,my personal plane.

I was already on the plane and now I'm in the sky.

I wished I had the time to inform Alex,but I wasn't worry about it since I have Carl to inform her.

I was looking at my engagement ring when the alarm went off and it showed emergency.

Jennifer,my another assistant walked towards me with concern written all over her face.

"Sir,I need you to put the safety jacket on. Seems like we just enter a red zone."

I didn't know why would we end up in a red zone,but I obeyed.

"Jen,you should put the jacket on as well."

She nodded and took the seat in front of me.

I was trying to calm myself down. Panic and fear were all over me. I was scared that I won't be able to see her again.
The plane was in a critical condition and it was heading down fast.

I wasn't sure about what's gonna happen,so I cried. Tears escaped my eyes and all I could do was to pray for the best.

********************************
Alex's POV

I was having coffee with Feli and Ivy at Starbucks after a tiring class.

Feli and Ivy were studying at the same college with me. But we were all in different courses. I took filming,Feli took fashion designing while Ivy took business.

Glen went to the same college with Hezrond,Leanne,Cg and Ann, which was 10km from ours.

Cali went to a medical college while Adam took over his Dad's music store. Caroline was engaged to Carlos since they were planning to start their own business in catering.

All was going well. I missed Ray,but I couldn't do anything since he's on a business trip.

I was spacing out when Mikayla called out my name. I snapped out of my thoughts and stood up to take our orders. Mikayla was the same girl we knew from the orphanage. She was a part-timer there. Oh, and she was finally adopted by Sandra,which made her Ray's little sister.

I thanked her and took the tray with me.

But I guess I was clumsy. The tray slipped off my hand and all the drinks were split all over the floor.

There were gasped all around the cafe.

I apologized to the employee and went back to join the others while the employee cleaned up the mess.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

I nodded,completely lying to Ivy.

My heart felt uneasy,to be honest. And I couldn't find the reason why.

Feli put her hand on my shoulder,and without having control over it, my tears were falling down my cheek.

"Alex,you're crying." Ivy and Feli exclaimed in unison.

I was surprised as well,so I quickly wiped the tears off.

What was happening to me? And why was I feeling uneasy ?

I was frustrated that I couldn't find the answer to all those confusing,painful feelings.

And a phone call confirmed it all.

As soon as Carl told me what happened, I was too weak to stand up,so I fell and sat on the floor without any word.

Ivy and Feli was surprised to seey sudden action.
Feli went to my side while Ivy took the phone in my hand and took the call herself.

"Carl? What happened ?"

The rest of their conversation was blurry. I couldn't focus on anything anymore. I was crushed. Inside out.

All I knew was I blacked out.