Chapter 56

Carl's POV

I panicked as the phone call between me and Alex was disconnected.
Ann,who was standing next to me asked me what's wrong.

"I don't know. It was disconnected. But I think she's gonna be okay. Ivy and Feli are with her now."

Ann nodded. She gave my hand a light squeezed, telling me that she'll be by my side.

I gave her a weak smile and can't help but let my tears fall.

I received the news about Ray a few minutes ago. I felt like I was given a slap on the face. I'm a man,but it was so painful that I couldn't help it.

He's gone. My best friend is gone. The tears and silent weeping turned into sobbing.

I was angry. I was sad. I was horrified.

Ann hugged me tightly,suddenly crying too.

"I'm sorry I can't help you. I'm sorry."

Both of us stayed like that for a few minutes before I realized I haven't told Sandra and Sean.

Me and Ann drove to Ray's place and told Sandra the news.

She fell on the floor,and yelled few seconds after.

"No! Not my son. No..."
Sean knelt down beside her and hugged his mother. He was trying his best to not cry.

My phone rang and I saw the caller's ID.

"Yes,Inspector Young. Yes,I'll be there. Thanks."

I wiped the tears stain off my face and informed Sandra that Ray had been found.

The four of us rushed to the hospital.

Ann called Alex to informed her about Ray. I just hope everyone would be strong.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳
Alex's POV

I was awoke by the distinct voices around me. The very first voice I recognized was Glen's.

I sat up and felt like my head was spinning.

"Shit. What happened?"

Cali sat next to me and looked at me with concern written all over her face.

"Alex,you fainted. Do you wanna tell us what's wrong?"

I widened my eyes,suddenly remembering everything.

I stood up, completely ignoring everyone and searched for Ivy.

I knelt down in front of her,crying.

"Ivy,please call Carl. I have to hear it from him. I need to confirm it."

Ivy nodded quickly.

She dialled and I was feeling so weak. I just hope that everything that I heard earlier was actually my dream. It was just a dream,I assured myself.

"He's not answering."

I began to cry again.

But then,my phone rang. I looked for it everywhere and finally found it in my jacket.

"Hello? Ann,please tell me you're with Carl."

"Alex,they found him. Ray is in the hospital. Carl asked you to come here. It's the one Adam was admitted to last time."

I nodded,a bit of relief washed over me.

I stood up,grabbed Mario's car key and went outside.

"Alex."