Terrible Truth

Mikoto was the equivalent of an internet sensation in the Wizarding world now. Somehow, students who remained unnamed had snuck pictures of  the fight, having snuck out of bed to watch the fight that Mikoto for some reason, couldn't keep secret.

Soon, moving pictures of Mikoto and Mugino's clash were plastered over the front pages of the Daily Prophet, and Witch Weekly for some strange reason, who seemed like they wanted to make Mikoto some sort of cover girl.

Mikoto found it absolutely annoying beyond belief.  If she wanted to be well known one day, she wanted it to be because she had written a book on Dragon Breeding that finally allowed people to keep the creatures without fear of death or muggles seeing them..

(In fact, she had even sought out Charlie Weasley, a famous naturalist working with Dragons in Romania to begin searching for new methods in Dragon care.)

Mikoto received thousands of owls over the week, requesting interviews.

There were many spinoff reports, such as issues with how unsafe Hogwarts had gone since Espers had been accepted from Academy City, or how pissed the Japanese Ministry was getting. However, the biggest news was how 'Esper Powers can Make you a Dueling Master'.

Dueling Master? Really? That's what people cared about? Fighting? Mikoto couldn't shake her head enough at this direction her name was taking in the Wizarding World.

Mikoto however, had bigger things to worry about.

Because amid the flurry of owls one morning on January 21st, the day before Mikoto would be meeting Vols along with her Quidditch Teammates, Mizuchi returned.

Harry's letter went as such.

Dear, Mikoto

I'm sorry I couldn't write back sooner. I wasn't sure on how to respond to your questions, and whether you were ready to handle certain information. But you've handled so much at your young age already, and it wouldn't be right to keep you in the dark.

The Master of Death, Lily was half right in what she told you. The Master of Death refers to somebody who has accepted Death is inevitable. Only those who know and accept this can truly possess the Hallows.  But this isn't just conceptual. For instance, the Elder Wand's core is Thestral Tail hair, meaning that it's a fickle wand which can only acknowledge it's loyalty to somebody who has accepted Death. The Deathly Hallows only reveal their power to one who has accepted death.

"Well." said Tasha as she read over the letter with Mikoto. "That's interesting, so the Hallows actually sound like they have a mind of their own.

"Shhh.. I wanna hear more!" said Gil. "Go on Mikoto."

Why and how two of the Hallows came to you, I am currently investigating. however, I must advise you not to pursue this. There are things far more dangerous at work. Continue your studies, and I will see you over the Summer. But remember, DO NOT PURSUE THIS ISSUE.

Mikoto frowned. "This.. explains nothing."

"All he's telling us is that we're in over our heads!" Gil grumbled "Bloody Hell."

"Maybe we are." said Tasha. "I mean, think about it. Harry Potter is the head of Magical Law Enforcement in the Ministry! If he's investigating something himself, that must mean it's a highly dangerous situation."

"Your point?" said Gil. "This is Mikoto we're talking about. Right Mikoto?"

"Eh, actually, I think Tasha has a point." said Mikoto. "It's like Professor Tlaloc said, I come from a place where the only people who can do anything are us kids. But now, I'm in a place where I can actually trust adults for once.. You know what? Forget the whole meeting with Vols and the Quidditch stuff! I'm telling the Headmaster!"