Till Next year

Finally, we've reached the last chapter of this book. I originally posted this, because I didn't have time to write anything this week thanks to Finals. I just copied and posted edited versions of a book I wrote a long while ago to give everyone something to read over the weeks while they waited for RIFT, RO, and my other series such as Twilight Prankster: Origins to update.

However, this book was meant to have a sequel (I can't do One Shots, they're over too quick), and thanks to my skillful time management, I can afford to start writing one more series. If my fans so desire to have me begin on the sequel, Dragon's Keep, leave your comments below. Despite the comments, I might just go write it anyways! Cause right now I have a few hours of time, and I'm rarin to write something to pass the time! (still can't believe people actually liked this book XD)

____________

The next months passed by too quickly in Mikoto's opinion.

Never had she had so much fun studying.

After an entire few terms of training under Professor McGonagall, Mikoto was now perfectly able to fluidly transform between her Hungarian Horntail form and human form at will, and furthermore, she could now, much to her teacher's amazement, turn an entire sofa into a lioness.

Her main talents, besides Care of Magical Creatures, now included Charms and Transfiguration. Her Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions remained top in the class, but they never felt like her main trademarks, and her marks in those classes always were several points behind Transfiguration.

Her History of Magic class on the other hand, was barely scraping by thanks to Binn's  sleep inducing teaching style. (Saten would bang her head against her desk just to stay awake in that class.)

Much to Mikoto's relief, she was indeed replaced by Uiharu on the Quidditch Pitch, now in ownership of the brand new Cleansweep 20 broomstick.  And only a few minutes into the second match of the season, she had caught the golden snitch right under the Ref's broom, her performance compared to the legendary Charlie Weasley and Harry Potter.

The library was now rumored to be haunted by a small nun ghost, clothed in white, whom could be seen lurking among the shelves. Rumor was that if you brought a large plate of food, or even small snacks to the library, she'd take them and devour them in an instant.

It wasn't a ghost. Mikoto knew who it was.. and so did Touma, who stayed with her in the Gryffindor Common Room. But Mikoto tried her best to ignore and avoid that girl. At the moment, the girl known as Index was a bit of a Love Rival to her, something she had to avoid explaining to the Gryffindor Ghost, Nearly Headless Nick, several times.

Peeves was now genuinely afraid of her. Every time Mikoto needed a task done and she felt too tired, she was able to force Peeves to do it for her. And considering Peeve's notoriety, she felt that he deserved the slave labor. And whenever Peeves did something irritating, the staff and students would threaten him with either going to fetch the Bloody Baron, or going to fetch Mikoto Misaka.

Around May 2nd, Tasha, Lily, and Kuroko organized a surprise party in the Three Broomsticks, celebrating Mikoto's 15th birthday, Mikoto had to fend off Kuroko at several moments, telling her that there was nothing between either her and Tasha, or her and Lily. (And then she had to reassure Tasha on the side that Kuroko didn't know anything about her particular secret).

Mikoto knew it was all too good to last however. As June reached it's halfway point, Mikoto began to wonder what she was going to do over the Summer.

The British and Japanese Ministries were still in a hot debate over Mikoto and espers in general, and at the moment, Academy City, as an independent city state, was legally allowed by the International Confederation of Wizards, to blocked off from Japan's Aurors. In fact, many officials were now guarding the border, with wands in hand, discontinuing any more unauthorized killings by Japan.