A Bold New Magic.

Academy City was incredible to look at. Filled with impressive futuristic looking buildings, and self automated trains, busses, cars, and other vehicles, it was one of the few cities where elementary to Middle school aged children could live without parental supervision thanks to all the automated services.

A population of 6 million, 60 percent of whom were students, whom 60 percent of were espers, it was the most technologically advanced Muggle city in the world, with technology that was at least 30 years ahead of it's time.

Wizards were few here, and even so, the technology here was so remarkable, that even they would've been impressed to a degree.

It was here in this city, that one particular wizard risked an appearance however..

He wore a dark trench coat with armored black pads on his shoulders and elbows.. a set of black round glasses over his eyes, and his head was bald. He looked more like a character from the Muggle Movie the Matrix than a Wizard. But a black wand with a silver point and handle was strapped at his side in a strange looking holster.

His name was Vols.

Vols stared into a rainy alleyway as an automated cylindrical drone roved by, cleaning the street like the rest of it's brethren.  As he stood there for a while, there was a cracking sound, like a gunshot, the sound of a wizard apparating.

A hooded man in dark robes, and wearing a mask walked over, looking Vols over.

"You're dressed like-"

"A muggle?" said Vols. "Careful, I doubt you'll live long if you seek to insult me."

"Then why take a liking for the Muggle's offspring? The Espers?" Asked the masked man.

"Aleister Crowley is the most powerful user of magic in the world, he even surpasses the Dark Lord." said Vols. "I think of these espers as his offspring, not the muggles.."

"Intrigueing." said the masked man.

"Wearing your Death Eater robes though, aren't you afraid some might spot you?" Vols asked.

"I have my pride." said the masked man.  "The Dark Lord was the source of my pride, I shall not lose it because of this sham known as the Chosen One..  but enough about this.. let us walk.."

The two wizards began to stroll down the street.

"Do you have it?" The Death Eater asked.

"Yeah." said Vols, holding up a metal fragmant in a glass case. "Straight from Kihara's lab. Pure nanotechnology, unlike anything we've ever seen. If we download the necessary properties, it might be possible to upload him.."

The Death Eater paused.

"You do know it won't really be him.. his soul is irretrievable..." said Vols.

"Either way, without the Dark Lord, the Wizarding world has fallen into disrepair. said the Death Eater. "That Potter boy and his friends have reformed the ministry into an agency of tolerance.. what a nuisance."

"With Academy City's power at our side, we shall soon change that.." said Vols. "The Dark Lord's death shall not be in vain. The old powers will rise again."

Vols looked at a 4 other figures behind him.. four familiar looking espers, each wearing a strange crescent moon shaped mask over their faces.

"They're volatile, they even scare me a bit." said the Death Eater.

"We had no choice, the Level 5s are immune to the Imperius Curse and all forms of legilimency." said Vols. "The masks of Artemis are the only spells capable of controlling them."