Chapter 5

Jace and I are sitting in the garage, waiting for Q1 to start. Jace is bounding up and down in my lap. I giggle at him, trying to keep him steady. Daniel is already in his car, getting help to be in his seatbelts and for the radio to be properly attached to him.

I see Daniel talking to his engineer, his helmet on the car. I quickly take out my phone and take a picture of him. I really like the picture and decide to post it on Social Media.

allisoncooper : danielricciardo getting last minute pointers before Qualifying! Good luck ! <3 xx

I quickly put my phone away when I see the timer starting and Daniel's car leaving the garage. There are a few monitors I can watch to see the qualifying. Some screens show what the people at home see and some only show Daniel's car and onboard camera.

Daniel soon sets lap times that are very good. Daniil isn't as lucky. I think back at what Daniel had explained about the whole situation. Daniil doesn't know he's going to be placed back to Toro Rosso yet. They'll tell him after the race, which I understand. Max does know, having agreed, obviously. Toro Rosso agreed as well and Max will sign his new contract Monday morning, before everyone flies back to Milton Keynes.

Daniil is kicked out of Q1, qualifying 18th. I know Red Bull is disappointed, but luckily, Daniel is moving on to Q2. I see Jace smiling brightly, watching Daniel pull back into the garage.

--

Qualifying is over and Daniel qualified 8th. Lewis got pole position, Nico being second. Seb is third, Kimi Raikkonen on 4th, Max on 5th, Felipe Massa P6 and Carlos P7. It was a good qualifying, although it isn't the result Red Bull wished for.

I decide to walk around the circuit with Jace, as we have to wait for Daniel to end interviews anyway. I put Jace on my hip and start walking. Some media people start asking me questions, but I try to ignore them. Luckily, it aren't as many as it were this morning when leaving the hotel. There are a few, but not many are paying attention to me.

"Are we going to see Seb?" Jace suddenly asks. We walk past the Ferrari paddock, so I think that's why he thinks about Seb.

"Maybe later, Seb is busy right now" I answer to Jace, who nods while putting his head down on my shoulder. I just keep walking, kind of forgetting the time. I feel my phone buzzing with new texts. I sit down on the grass somewhere, putting Jace in my lap and grabbing my phone. I open the notifications and texts I have.

danielricciardo : thanks for the good luck!

maxverstappen1 : good picture!

From : Daniel

hey! I'm done with interviews, going back to the hotel soon. Seb, Nico, Lewis and Jenson asked if you wanted to join us for dinner tonight, you can bring Jace :) xx