Chapter 9

[Imagine this little boy having dark hair, please. That is how I see Jace]

Daniel, Max, Christian, Jace and I are all waiting to board our plane. The flight is going to be very, very long and I dread it already. I'm glad that Jace easily sleep during flights, so I can just relax a bit. I brought a book with me, to just sit back and read a bit if I can't sleep.

Daniel is going to be sitting next to me, with Max and Christian sitting next to us with the aisle between us. We're flying back to London and from there take a car to Milton Keynes. Max will be moving into his 'new' appartment. It won't be the home appartment, but for the time that the guys have to spend in MK, they'll have an house, instead of hotel rooms.

Finally, it's boarding time and we slowly make our way to  the service agent. Jace is holding my hand, holding his own boarding pass. Christian and Max go first, walking into the bridge to the plane. Daniel then goes, waiting for us when's done. Jace is looking up to me in front of a waiting service agent.

"Go ahead, bud, hand her the ticket" I tell him. He looks at the lady and she smiles brightly. She can't be older than I am. Jace slowly raises his hand and hands it to her. She has to bend down a bit, but she does, scanning the pass.

"Thank you so much, sir. Have a nice flight" she tells Jace. He just smiles and runs to Daniel. Daniel lifts him up and talks with him, while I hand the lady my boarding pass.

"You have a nice family" she tells me. I start blushing.

"Thank you" I say, not wanting to correct her. Like she cares how it really is. She hands me my pass and I walk with Daniel into the plane. I sit next to the window, with Jace on my lap, Daniel sitting next to me.

Soon enough, the plane is fully boarded, safety demonstration is done and we're ready for take off. Jace grabs my hand and Daniel's. This is the only part Jace doesn't like while flying. The speeding up and leaving the ground. So when the plane starts speeding up, he squeezes my hand, probably Daniel's as well.

"It's okay, buddy" Daniel mumbles to Jace. He just looks at him, not wanting to look out of the window. Seconds later, we leave the Australian ground and are moving up. Jace closes his eyes, leaning his head against my arm. Daniel just starts talking about buying food when we're home. That makes Jace a bit excited.

After about 10 minutes, we're up in the air and the seatbelt sign goes off.

"Jace, look how high we are" I say to him. He slowly looks out of the window. All you can now see are clouds, but Jace is amazed. He moves closer to the window, eyes wide. As this is an International flight, we're much higher than you go on a regular flight.

"It's awesome!" Jace says, all excited. I smile at him, releasing our seatbelt, so he can move better. I look to the other side and see Christian already asleep and Max is getting his laptop ready to watch a movie. Jace now looks at Max as well and his eyes widen.

"Uncle Max?" he calls to Max. Max looks up and smiles at Jace.

"What's up, bud?" he asks Jace.

"Can I watch a movie with you?" he asks, very sweetly may I add. Max starts smiling brightly and looks at me. I guess he is asking for permission, but I just shrugg, not wanting him to do it so he doesn't have to say no to him.

"Sure, buddy, come here then" Max says. Jace smiles brightly and he looks at me. I put him down, but him onto him slightly.

"Be nice to uncle Max and let him sleep if he wants to, okay?" I ask Jace.

"Okay, mommy" he says. I smile and kiss his head, letting him go. He moves past Daniel and runs to Max. Max lifts him onto his lap, sitting him down against his chest.