Chapter 15

"I need to tell you something" Daniel says, standing in the living room, between Chris and me. My mum is there too, which makes this 10 times more awkward. She is holding Jace, not sure what to do. She stands up and takes Jace with her.

I can't imagine how confused Jace must be now, seeing two men standing here with me.

"What is it?" I ask Daniel. I know he is scared of something, I can see it in his eyes.

"I might be Jace's dad, but I'm not 100% sure" he says, making my eyes widen. I am afraid to look at Chris now. I thought he was dead, for 3 years and here he is, standing next to me, very much alive. And I thought he was the father of my son, for 3 years. And now, Daniel tells me this.

"How?" I ask him, confused on how he could possible be Jace's dad.

"I would like to know that as well" Chris says, glaring at Daniel. Daniel ignores him and looks at me, taking a step towards me.

"Something happened, and I know you pressed it away, not wanting to hurt Chris. But you need to know it, before you leave me" he says and starts telling the story, making my memories come back to me.

I sit on the couch in Daniel's appartment, feeling myself getting more drunk with the minute. Chris isn't here, he is at home. We had a huge fight and my first thought was to go to Daniel. He's my best friend, surely he would make me feel better.

The thing is, the fight was about him. Chris said he felt like Daniel and I were too close. He said that he knew Daniel was in love with me. I laughed at him, for thinking that. Daniel was just a friend, he would never be in love with me. He couldn't.

I got angry, for doubting me, as he also thought I was in love with Daniel. I mean, he was right, I am in love with Daniel, but I couldn't tell Chris that. I loved Chris as well, but it pissed me off that he figured it out.

So I came to Daniel's house, explained everything and the first thing he did, was give me alcohol. To 'drink away my problems'. So, now here we are, laughing, joking around. It was just the two of us, getting drunk of our asses.

"Chris is a prick" Daniel suddenly says, making me glare at him. Yes, I'm fighting with him, but I love him.

"He's not, leave him alone" I say, pouting at Daniel. He chuckles and moves closer to me.

"He really is. He keeps forgetting that he has the most amazing girl on the planet. It's like he wants to loose you" Daniel says, coming closer and closer. I try to ignore the butterflies in my stomach. I honestly try to ignore them the best I can.

"He doesn't. He loves me, he's just a little jealous sometimes" I say, feeling guilty for being here.

"A little ? Sometimes?" Daniel asks, laughing at himself. Yep, drunk.

"Yeah. He just thinks we're in love, which I told him wasn't true, not even a bit!" I say, protesting my own thoughts, lying to not only Daniel and Chris, but to myself as well.

"Well, he might be a little right" Daniel says, still getting slightly closer. I frown, not processing everything as quick as I would if I was sober.

"I am in love with you. And I think you're in love with me too" Daniel mumbles. Before I can respond to him, his lips are pressed against mine. I gasp, but quickly react by kissing him back. He is right and he knows it.

I move my arms to around his neck, pulling him as close as possible. I've dreamt about kissing Daniel for so long, but never thought it would happen. He is in love with me. I'm in love with him.

Daniel moves his hands to under my shirt, lifting it up. I allow him to take it off completely, taking off his own shirt as well. He pushes me down on the couch, leaning over me. He moves his lips to my neck, leaving a trail of kisses, going down to my stomach.

"Don't even think about teasing me" I mumble, pulling his head back to mine. His hands move to my jeans, pulling it down my legs, pulling my panties with them. He unhooks my bra right after that.

"Fine, no teasing" he mumbles, undressing himself as well. I can only widen my eyes as he moves to kiss me again. Before I know it, he presses himself into me. I gasp once more, him letting me adjust to him. He is definitely bigger than Chris is. He starts moving himself, making me moan.

"Fuck, Dan" I manage to get out between moans. Daniel's pace picks up, as he starts to moan along with me. Our breathing gets heavier, getting to panting.

"Fuck" Daniel says now as well, getting to his high, me coming along with him. He collapses on top of me, panting heavily.

I stare at Daniel. I feel Chris' eyes on me, probably not knowing what to do. I feel a tear come into my eyes. I don't know how to react.

"I meant it back then. I was in love with you and for me, it wasn't a drunken mistake. I wanted to talk to you about it the next day, but you pretended like nothing had happened, so I let it go. I figured you didn't remember or pretended to and I didn't want your friendship to be ruined, so I never said anything. I know I should've, but I had no reason to believe Jace was mine, especially in the beginning. But then he started to look like me, and I started doubting everything. I didn't want to worry you when I didn't have to, you were so convinced that Chris was Jace's father, because you forgot about our night" Daniel says. Everything falls into place. Jace's dark curls, his tanned skin. The way his smile and grin is exactly like Daniel's. The way that everyone thinks Jace is Daniel's. Everyone commenting on how he looked like Daniel.

"I" is all I can say. I stare at Daniel.

"You cheated on me?!" Chris suddenly yells. I look at him, a blank expression on my face.

"I think I did, yeah" I say, looking back at Daniel. Daniel takes a step toward me.

"I know I should've told you sooner, but I didn't want to hurt you. I didn't know if you'd believe me and I didn't want to upset you. We were doing fine, me always being there for Jace anyway. I didn't think much about it, until Max asked me about it" Daniel says. I think back at that dinner, when Max frowned at Daniel. Literally everything falls into place.

"I didn't want to remember it, but I think I did slightly, on several occasions, but I just pressed it away from my head" I say, my voice small.

"I know. That night in Australia, I think you remembered, but I didn't want to bring it up" Daniel says. A tear slowly rolls onto my cheek. All this time, I thought Jace's father was dead. And although we're not sure, there is a big chance that Daniel is Jace's real father.

"We need to take a test" I tell Daniel, who nods.

"I'm really sorry, Al" Daniel says. I just put my arms around his neck. For now, I don't care, we'll talk about it later. All I know is that my ex boyfriend who was dead is still alive and that Jace still has a dad.

-----------------------------------

So, I wrote this before I wrote the chapter when she gets a call from her mum. I hope this explains most of the plot twist! More to come soon :D

xxxxxx <3