Blackout

*y/n pov*

While everyone almost seemed confused, Tom was telling Star that the Blood Moon legend was true and that her and Marco's souls were really bound to each other for all eternity, he explained that was his reason for inviting Star in the first place, he wanted to bind their souls together so she couldn't deny his love for her. So, all in all, Tom wanted Star back, he almost seemed desperate, and his plan backfired on him so now Star can't reject Marco.

"But... I don't... like... Marco." Star explained that she had a crush on a guy named Oskar Greason, and how Marco had a crush on a girl named Jackie Lynn Thomas.

"It won't work, even if you guys don't like each other now, it still has to happen. No matter what. You can't deny the power of the Blood Moon." Tom stated matter-of-factly. He almost seemed completely brought down by this, I almost felt sorry for him. He loved Star so much.

"I... I...don't believe it." Marco said, confusion and sadness crossed his face. "This stupid 10 seconds of me trying to save Star ended up with me never being able to go out with Jackie?"

"Basically. It's really hard to reverse it and yada, yada, yada. I don't know about you guys, but I certainly don't want to spend Christmas trying to reverse a spell put on you two and possibly let you guys die on a steep mountain." Anyone who hadn't been paying attention to the past five minutes would think that Tom was trying to look out for all of us, but we all know he just wanted Star to live and he didn't care if Marco and I die.

"Because God knows we won't make it back alive, and this is my first Christmas in Echo Creek in forever, so..." I interrupted Tom for, like the fifth time, because the devil knows that's it's always a good idea to interrupt a demon that came here to get back together with his ex. "People only make it back alive in movies, and even at that, some side character almost always ends up dying."

"So Marco and I have to....?" Star started questioning the meaning of life at this point, (which I still think is donuts, I'm weird, get over it). Tom looked depressed, wait, how much does it take to depress a demon?

"Wait..." you start, hearing a wierd vibration coming from the walls, and all of a sudden, the house goes dark.

"Wha-" Star started, as though she's never been in a backout before.

"It's a blackout, Star." You explain, turns out she has never been in a blackout, lucky.

"Well... we need to put on a fire so we don't freeze. I'll go get some wood." Marco says as he goes to find a log. Turns out there aren't any.

"That means we'll need blankets" I say, since I love blankets (If you don't like being wrapped up in blankets then oh well.) Star and I almost run everywhere trying to find enough blankets.

*Tom pov*
Y/n and Star looked looked like two little pups scrounging for food, or in this case, blankets. Absolutely adorable. You know, since I just told Star about the whole Blood Moon thing, I could try and see if y/n would like me. Well only one way to find out. I think as Star and y/n bring back enough blankets tp make a naked mole rat sweat.

"H-hey, y/n? Do you want to s-sit together, I think you could use the heat." AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH WHY. IS. THIS. SO. HARD. TO. TALK. TO. HER!!!!!!!!!!!

*y/n pov*
"Huh- oh ok." You manage to get out. HE. IS. SO. FREAKING. CUTE. WHEN. HE. STUTTERS. (I know it sounds the same, but that's the point.) You seem to notice that he has an almost natural heat to him when you sit next to him, but you still needed blankets. Tom seemed to notice this and, as a result, put his arm around you and leaned in a little, not enough to kiss you, but to make you warmer. You seem to forget everything ele and drift into a deep sleep and your last thoughts are:

Tom... Tom...
Oh boy
What am I getting ,myself into
He is an anger challenged demon for crying out loud
Oh I don't care
He's so cute...
And warm...
And... And...
Tom......