Chapter 1- The Beginning.

Adrien's P.O.V:

It was another long and dreary school day, I sat at my desk staring out at the beach from the school. Why was it such an amazing place with such interesting creatures living among it had to be so close, yet so out of reach? I felt a sharp pain in my side and looked over to see Marinette nearly face palming, the whole class was looking at me and the teacher's arms were crossed and she looked extremely displeased with me. My eyes widened. 'Shoot... What did she ask me?...'

"Clearly... Somebody wasn't paying attention"

The teacher said. Maybe if she was my actual teacher and not a supply I wouldn't have snapped back with a witty comment but...

"I was!"

Why did I do that? What. Am. I. Gonna. Do.

"Oh was you now? Then I guess you won't mind telling us how many children a female seahorse can have"

I felt somewhat offended by that question, I do hope she was trying to ask me a trick question here.

"None. Female seahorses don't have the children, the male seahorses do... And, they can have up to two thousand at a time."

The supply stared at me utterly stunned. She obviously wasn't expecting me to know that, luckily I have Plagg, my pet seahorse. I have yet to tell my father about him... Anyway, having Plagg around has given me chance to study him. I'm hoping to go out and find a female seahorse today. Marinette smiled at me obviously proud of my whitty replies. The bell goes just as the supply was about the speak and we all stood up and left, at least that was the last lesson of the day. I grabbed my bag and books from my locker and dashed towards the exit.

Marinette's P.O.V:

The bell sounds and I leap out of my seat and pick up my bag, I look up to realise Adrien had already gone, again. Without me. I sigh and walk swiftly out of the classroom and notice Adrien heading towards the exit. "Adrien! Wait up!" I saw him stop and look back and blushed slightly. Why? I'll never know. I need to try and stop him from going out in the water, he keeps frightening my people. I sigh and rush towards him as he did his famous fake model smile and asked him a question he always seemed to brush off

"Alright, cut to the chase, why are you always in such a rush to leave school?"

He snickered at me as we exited the school and the cool summers breeze hit us along with the scent of the ocean I knew and loved so much. For me, that was home.

"well, a few reasons. One; it's school. Two; it's the end of it. Three; there's a beach right over there" He pointed over to the ocean "With an ocean just waiting to be ventured in!"

I take a deep breath and hold back a sigh before looking down at my pearl bracelet, trying to figure out how to keep him at bay from going out into the sea. It was true, the ocean was a beautiful place, I should know. I've spent the majority of my life down in it! But how am I to make him not believe that?...

"Well... What's so good about the ocean?... It's just... salty water with, a bunch of fish swimming about in it. What's so good about that?..."

He looked at me as if I had just offended his religion, family and entire existence. I was worried if he could tell I was lying and offending myself and my people there, he stopped glaring at me and clasped his hands together (as he always did when he was about to prove me wrong) before opening his mouth and speaking.

"What's not to like about the ocean? It's filled with thousands of fish and other living creatures that we haven't even come close to discovering! How is that just a bunch of fish swimming around? There are different types of waters with different temperatures meaning different species. That's incredible!"

Adrien started walking down the school steps and towards the road, he was dangerously close to the water. But what else could I possibly say to  stop him?...

"But... I know it might be interesting, but shouldn't you be spending your time studying and revising instead of going out hunting new species of fish? And then you have your modelling career. How do you possibly have time to go out in a boat fishing?"

He stared out at the ocean and smiled lightly

"I always manage, there's never been anything stopping me before."

Just as I was about to say something else his phone beeped and he sighed "Not today though, I have a photoshoot at 4pm. I'm going out into the water afterwards though... No matter what my father says. On the subject of family, How're your folks?"

I smiled lightly at his lame attempt at small talk and gave him a smirk

"well, there doing just swimmingly!..." Adrien chuckled at my pun as his limo pulled up. He sighed and looked like some sort of disconsolate prisoner. I let off a half-hearted smile and gave him a hug

"chin up Adrien, smile for the cameras and the sooner you get it over and done with, the sooner you can just breathe and have fun."

As Adrien began to turn away and walk towards the limo, he stopped and called back to me

"Marinette?"

I smiled at the sound of him calling my name... "Yes, Adrien?"

"Why don't you want me going into the sea?"

It sounded more like a demand than a question due to his tone of voice, but I still replied.

"You... You can't swim. I'm worried the boat is gonna topple over and you're going to fall in and drown"

He smiled at me lightly and waved goodbye before walking towards the limo where Nathalie was patiently waiting and stepping inside. As soon as the limo door had shut it was away from the kerb and rushing down the road. Mr Agreste had a lot of pride in his son and although he himself loved the ocean, he could never let his own son out there on his own, he was far too valuable to risk losing out at sea. I crossed the road and headed down to the empty beach, in about 10 minutes the beach would be packed with people so I needed to get out into the water and to my people before anyone else came. I smiled at the ocean before rushing into the water, deeper and deeper until I could no longer feel the sand under my feet. I looked around from below and gazed in awe at the world I got the pleasure of sharing. It was so much brighter than above the water and far prettier to look at. As soon as I had my tail back ,which only took a matter of seconds, I swam towards the coral reefs and called out for my best friend

"Tikki?" I instantly noticed a certain tiny red seahorse speeding towards me.

"Ladybug, you're back! Thank goodness. The mermaids have been looking for you!"

I smiled at my little friend and looked ahead.

"Guess I have royal duties then, eh?" I giggled lightly and began to swim "We best go find them then!" Tikki giggled and swam with me in the search to find my sisters, princess P, princess C and princess A. Or as I like to call them; Pearl, Coral and Aqua. Pearl was the oldest (17) and Coral and Aqua were twins, both at the age of 12. My mother wanted me to take over the crown though once she resigned and so did Pearl, she was always very free spirited. I agreed and now I look after the ocean and every creature living within it.