Chapter 28- Sold.

3rd Person P.O.V:

"Enough Stuart." A familiar voice called out. Marinette and Stuart snapped their attention into the darkness and stared. After a few seconds of unbearable silence, Stuart stepped forward, nodded and stammered nervously "M-Mr. Agreste! You won't believe what I found out!"

"Why isn't she tied down in there? She could run away" Mr. Agreste stated firmly.

"B-but Mr. Agreste- I didn't feel like she needed to be tied down-"

"And I don't feel like you need a reference for your bachelors degree. Get her tied down, or else."

"...Yes sir, sorry." Stuart gave in, rushing over to Marinette in the pool and sticking a cloth in her mouth.

"Stuart what are you-"

"Sorry Marinette-"

Marinette gasped before letting out a blood-curdling scream in agonising pain as Stuart stabbed a hole into Marinette's fin and forced a chain through it which connected Marinette to the inside of the pool. He then climbed out and took off his lab coat.

"Thank you Stuart. You are excused for the day." Gabriel stated.

"Yes sir... Thank you. See you tomorrow."

Marinette's P.O.V:

I spat out the cloth that had been shoved in my mouth to muffle my scream and breathed heavily, trying to not cry. I hesitantly looked back at my tail and saw the chain and blood and grimaced. What would happen if I'd transformed back?!

"Marinette." Gabriel stated, walking towards the pool. "I have all the information I need from you now. I've sold you to an aquarium. They gave me an offer I could not refuse. Once I have gotten rid of you, I can bring my focus to my new find on the dark web. Patient 2. A mermaid like yourself who was captured years ago- a company in japan have been running tests on this creature for years, they're finally willing to sell her. They call her Aliyah."

My eyes widened.

Aliyah. She's still alive?!

Wait... I've been sold?!

Adrien's P.O.V:

I sat staring at my phone. This was odd, very odd. Marinette would have usually texted me back by now. This is really out of character of her...

Maybe I should go check on her.

I pick up my jacket and throw on my shoes before sneaking past Nathalie and out of the mansion and race down the street, getting more anxious as I got closer to the bakery. What if something terrible had happened?!