Chapter 6- ladybug?

3rd person P.O.V:

Marinette arrived outside her school and smiled lightly to herself. It was nice seeing the best of both worlds. She pushed the glass door open and headed inside the school. Smiling at the corridors, the posters, the lockers. Everything that just reminded her of education and friendship. Coming to school was such a delight for Marinette as, from being here, she had learnt so much that she could teach her sisters back under the sea. She had also made many friends, some enemies too, but that's beside the point.

Mari's P.O.V:

I watched as all the familiar faces flowed through the school entrance and streamed into their classes/form rooms. A certain blonde haired brat made an entrance and I quickly groaned, turned and prepared myself to leave.

I was NOT dealing with HER today. Especially not ALONE.
"Hey, Maritrash!"
I cringed at the sound of her voice and groaned at the nickname before turning and being pushed against a locker
"Were you trying to avoid me? Tut tut tut" she shook her finger in my face disapprovingly and I rolled my eyes

"I wasn't trying to avoid you Chloe. I'm just ignoring you because you're a small-minded, skinny brat who's jacket is pretty much the same shade as you're hair. You're stuck up, and I'm sick to death of you always picking on me. So back off" I pushed her backwards and got some "ooooohs!" comments from bypasses.

Chloe growled quietly to herself, obviously embarrassed and rushed off. I rolled my eyes and began making my way down the hallway until I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder "Marinette!" I turned and saw Adrien looking at me concerned. I began to timidly blush and I pushed some excess hair behind my ear whilst looking at him "Adrien... Hey!"

I watched as he looked me up and down "are you okay? I saw Chloe push you against the lockers"

I smiled and nodded "I'm fine. Nothing new there. Especially with Chloe."

3rd person P.O.V:

Adrien quickly changed his expression from worried and anxious to calm and relieved which made Marinette smile to herself. She could stare at his face and familiarise every feature. She could close her eyes when she was alone and reminisce his face, each expression ever pulled, the scent she breathed in when they hugged that always seemed to calm her. She was head over heels for Adrien, so why could he only see Ladybug?...

Adrien stared at Marinette and thought to himself 'what on earth is this girl thinking?...' before taking her hand and smiling at her. Mari quickly shook her head, realising the touch and blushed more than she already was. Her Rose pink cheeks clashed with her tinted blue hair and the touch made her head race with thoughts, questions and daydreams/fantasising.

Adrien led the dreaming girl towards the beach. It was a nostalgic place for him. He remembered all the times him and his mother went out on the beach and buried his fathers legs under the sand, the one time they went fishing without his father. Everything had to go wrong... he closed his eyes and sighed, tightening his grip on Marinette' hands so he was now gently squeezing. Marinette opened her eyes and looked at Adrien, still not realising how dangerously close she was to the shore line as it quickly pushed in and out.

"Adrien? Are you okay?..." Adrien shook his head, realising Marinette was speaking to him. "What's wrong?" Mari asked, gently squeezing his hand back. She suddenly felt the cool trickle from the ocean around her ankles "the tides coming in it seems. We best g-" before Adrien could finish his sentence Marinette let go of his hands and ran into the sea as a white glow appeared around her. She flipped into the water with the last thing to enter being a tail. Red with black polkadots. Not legs.

"Ladybug?..." Adrien said quietly to himself, starstruck.

Adrien's P.O.V:

Ladybug...

The ladybug I had fallen in love with...

Was Marinette?!

Ladybug is my best friend?!

Marinette is a mermaid?!

Why does she hate the sea so much then?!
Why did she hide it from me when she knows how much I love the ocean and everything that moves within it?!

I had so many questions and not enough answers.

Then one thought crossed my mind.

Why did I fall in love with ladybug when Marinette was standing there in front of me?

She's been standing there since day one... instead I fell in love with a fish woman. Even though they're one of the same...

Ugh this is so confusing!

3rd person P.O.V:

Marinette sat on a rock, her tail flipping back and forth as the waves travelled onto the sandy beach. She usually sat here when the tide came in. She found it somewhat relaxing. She looked up at the sun through the top of the world she was forced to be apart of. Sometimes, she wished she was just part of one world... his world...

look at this stuff
Ain't it a treat
Don't you think being LB is so neat?
Don't you all think I'm the girl,
The girl who has ...everything?

Look at this sea
Fish swim with me
And as the leader I am royalty
But when I swim with this tail,
I can't help the need to wail.

I have sisters and subjects of plenty
I've got treasures and pearls of galore
You want some golden coins? I've got many.
But who cares? No big deal... I want more

I wanna be where the people are.
I wanna see, wanna see him laughing.
Walking around with that huge incredible... smile!
Flipping your fins you can't get too far.
Without my tail I'm not that exciting.

When I'm with him I seem to always lose my... breath.
Up where he walks, up where he runs.
I am the earth and he is the sun.
Just him and me.
Wish I could be.
Part of his world...

What would I give if I could leave this life behind me.
What would I pay for me to stay up on the sand
Betcha on land, they understand that they don't force girls to be leaders.

Fishy women
Sick of swimming
Taking a stand!
So I'm ready to stay where the people are
Stare at the ocean hand in hand with him
Leave my kingdom and let him see behind the mask.

It's such a task
But wouldn't I love
Love to say he's all I can think of...
With him and free...
Wish I could be...
Part of his world...

Marinette sighed and stared at the sky through the water. "Ladybug?"
Marinette turned to see Tikki and smiled sadly. "Oh, hello Tikki."
"What's wrong ladybug?" She asked "we've been looking for you all day..."

Mari smiled and swam towards Tikki "I'm sorry for worrying you all Tikki, I'm perfectly fine."

Tikki swam closer to Marinette and stared into her eyes "are you sure? You seem really down..." Mari nodded and swam past Tikki. "Come on, let's head back to the castle."  Tikki closed her eyes and nodded with a smile before realising her queen had swam away. She widened her eyes and started swimming after her. "Wait for me your highness!"