Chatper 3- peaceful, private project

Adrien's P.O.V:
"BEEP. BE-"
I immediately hit my hand on my alarm and sighed... ladybug... how would marinette know her? Marinette never goes anywhere close to the ocean, so how on earth could she meet and befriend a mermaid? Sorry, not even a mermaid. A queen. Unless...

She has a human form?...

It's possible isn't it?...

But... who could it be?... she knew my name. She already knew me. Maybe that's the modelling thing but... she knew marinette too... so could that mean she goes to my school? Or it could be the fact that marinette's bakery makes the best pastries in France! They are delicious...

I get out of bed and get myself prepared for the day. Thank god it's Saturday. I always wake up early on a Saturday to go out on the ocean. But not today, today I have a plan. I'm gonna get marinette to come out with me.

Hopefully...

She's never said no to hanging out before. I can use my mums old wooden boat.

I get my phone out and text marinette.

Beginning of conversation:
Adrien- 'Hey Mari, fancy going out with me?'

Mari- 'what?! Are you serious?!'

Adrien- 'well yeah, meet me at the docks later?'

Mari- 'Yeah! Of course!!'

Adrien- 'Great, I'll see you in an hour. Okay?'

Mari- 'Okay!!'

End of conversation.

I head downstairs and into the garage. I know exactly where dad put it. I watched him "hide" it away from me in my garage under a blanket. I took a deep breath and pulled the blanket off.

It's hard seeing it after all these years. I saw the hole and my heart ached. She fell out the boat and drowned when I was 5. The boat was attackedw in a storm and the body was never found. However, the boat washed up on the shores with a huge hole in it. My father, being the man he is, took it home. She loved the ocean and fish, but when she got attacked. My dads heart turned as cold as the foamy sea on a winters eve. He won't rest until he finds out what killed my mother. I guess he just wants some sort of payback... I yank the boat off the table and text Nino
'Fancy lending me a helping hand? I need to fix a wooden boat. It belonged to my mother'

Mari's P.O.V:

Oh my god...
Oh my god...
OH MY GOD!

I re-read the message and blush. Adrien. Adrien Agreste asked me out. ME. I can't believe this...

"Marinette?... You're bright red!...  Are you okay?"

I grin at the sound of my mother and giggle

"I'm perfectly fine mama. Actually, this is just too purr-fect!"

Sabine widened her eyes.

"Mari... did you just...  pun?..."

I widened my eyes. That stupid cat fish is rubbing off on me. Or whatever his name is. I have never seen a merman with a black tail, green eyes and blonde hair. He's so weird and he non stop flirts with me! He's so annoying...

Anyway! I need to prepare to go see adrien. "Sorry mama, I need to get ready. I'm going out"

Sabine nodded and smiled "okay sweetie. See you later!"

I head up to my room and get ready before heading down to the docks. I wonder what he's planning? I hope we leave the beach ASAP. If I get wet even the slightest bit I'll transform... I can't risk it... I sigh and walk out the bakery door.

I've never had so many mixed emotions in my life...