Chapter 2- Search for sisters

(A/N- This is based in the North Atlantic ocean in France and since I've never left England I have no idea on the temperature or how it looks so please, no corrections. xD I also have completely no idea where abouts the city of Atlantis is so apologies once again xD I'm just trying to make this work for my story lmao so please use your imagination and just let the tiny details go xD Okay, enjoy the fanfic!! xD) 

Ladybug's P.O.V: 

I raced with Tikki rushing through all the algae and seaweed giggling when I suddenly noticed Coral sat on a rock staring at the surface of the ocean, the bright sun shining through making the vibrant colours in the ocean even brighter and more beautiful. It wasn't like Coral to be sitting on her own staring into a random area though, something was clearly on her mind. I slowly swam towards her, completely losing sight of Tikki and concern of the race we were having. I spoke softly to her as I reached her.

"... Coral ?..."

She stayed silent, bittersweet silence. It was louder than any scream or cry I had heard on the shores of france. She suddenly closed her eyes and looked down, taking a long breath. I watched her every move, every breath. She whispered softly, her voice shaky as if she'd been crying "...I... I miss her..." I sighed and swam closer wrapping my arms around her neck and nestling my chin into her whispy blonde hair.

"I do too... B-But..." I swam in front of her and looked into her eyes "You... Being out here alone and putting yourself at risk is in no way making the matters any better. Especially out this far from the castle. You aren't safe here Coral, I can't lose you too..." Coral sighed, her eyes now open with red circles around them and she looked down at the sand sulkily.

"Hey, how about, you come with me back to the castle and... then we can make some necklaces!" Coral smiled slighlty and nodded before slipping her hand into mine and swimming close to me. Tikki, finally finding us, swam closely behind us.

Coral froze and stared up at the surface, her eyes widened in fear and she pointed upwards "LADYBUG, A BOAT!" I instantly looked up. How did I not realise there was poachers in the area? I growled quietly to myself and quickly gave my orders.

"Tikki, take Coral home and make sure all the mermaids are within the kingdom walls" Tikki's eyes widened at the urgentness of my request.

"B-But Ladybug!-" I looked back at my little friend fondly "Please Tikki, I already lost my best friend. I am not losing anyone else... Now go!"

Tikki nodded and let Coral hold her tail before zooming off, leaving me with the guilt of Aliyah... She found out about me living inbetween the human world and the mermaid one and was so mad, distracted by her anger and dissaproval of me, she didn't notice the pirates and the net. She was taken away before my very eyes, and as the selfish, weak and defenceless child I was, I couldn't stand up and fight to save her. I swam away like a coward... But not this time... I swam up towards the boat before getting a shooting pain in my tail. I instantly looked down at it to see a fishing hook stuck in my fin. I growled quietly and tried yanking it out, but it was no good. It was stuck tight and I began to feel it tugging upwards, pulling my tail up. The poacher had caught me. I began to panic.

I suddenly had an idea, I grabbed the wire of which the poachers used to collect the fish and tugged at it hard making the boat topple over and fill with water and the poacher along with it. It was a boy with whispy blonde hair like my sister, Corals, but it was styled miraculously. He had light green eyes and a white jacket on, a black shirt with purple, green and orange stripes on with jeans and bright orange shoes on. He reminded me alot of-

'WAIT... ADRIEN AGRESTE?!'

A wave of guilt engulfed me and I immediately started swimming over. That's Adrien Agreste. My. Best. Friend (above the shores anyway)... He. Can't. Swim! I watched him closely whilst swimming over as he grasped his neck with one hand and desperately tried to swim with the other before closing his eyes and losing consciousness. As quickly as I reached him I wrapped my arm around his waist and swam up as fast as I could to the surface of the water.

'Please... Please don't be dead...'

I pushed through to the surface and treaded the water with my tail and rested my hand on his cheek, taking in every detail on his perfect model face, the way his green eyes sparkled in the light and how his hair just fell perfectly. I brought my face close to his and felt the hot breath through his nose on my face and sighed with relief "Thank goodness you're alive..." I whispered to myself. Luckily for Adrien he didn't get far enough out to sea, otherwise my guards would have stopped him and he would have been lost for sure. I began swimming to the beach which was strangely empty for once.

I reached the sand and lay him down allowing myself to catch my breath. It's hard work pushing against currents AND carrying an unconscious man with you at the same time! I slapped him across the face with my tail in an attempt to wake him up which, fortunately for me, worked perfectly. (A/N- LMAO FISH SLAP!! XD) His eyes shot open and he spluttered out the excess water before slowly sitting up. His eyes widened at the sight of me, I was in the shallow waters still but I wasn't really concerned with that at the moment. "M-M-M-" Wait... Could he tell it was me?!

"Mermaid?!"

I mentally facepalmed. Okay... I rolled my eyes and got further into the water.

Adrien's P.O.V:

"I'm no ordinary mermaid, Adrien Agreste. I'm the Queen of the Atlantica... So I'm going to tell you once and once only, that, out there. That was my warning. Next time I won't save you. Stop poaching my people!" my eyes widened and I felt as if she had just offended my entire existence. Me? Poaching?!

"poaching your people? I only catch fish to see what types there are and then let them go! I would never poach anything from underwater!" She stared at me in desbelief.

"Well... Well... Stop coming out into the sea! You're scaring my people! I don't enjoy hearing the squeals of terror of my siblings over the sighting of a boat"

I sighed. I had no idea how much trouble I was causing

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to frighten anyone, although, you should be the one apologising. You could have killed me" She couldn't argue back with that one, I had a point... She just stared at me. I noticed she began gazing into my eyes, making my blush slightly.

Ladybugs P.O.V:

he never spoke this way to Marinette...

"and...how do you know who I am anyway?"

I froze, why did I say his name?!

"Erm... I know Marinette... Anyway, enough questions. Shouldn't you be at a photoshoot or something? I have a kingdom to reign over, please. Don't come into my waters again"

Adrien's P.O.V:

Marinette is friends with a mermaid?! Why did she never tell me?... This mermaid was so beautiful, I couldn't help but stare... "B-but... I don't even know your name... I want to see you again..." Her eyes widened and she blushed slightly.

"Well... If I have time, I'll meet you at the docks tomorrow..."

I grinned a cheshire grin and blushed slightly but then realised she was swimming away "wait! I don't even know your name!" She stopped and turned to look back at me "Ladybug... My name is Ladybug..."