Chapter 26- Captive

Gabriel's P.O.V:

"...Are you going to hurt me?"

I looked into Marinette's eyes, the layers of fear and vulnerability were clearer than the sky on a sunny day, and it spoke levels to me.

"If I need to."

She gasped quietly and her breath became shaky, uncontrolled. Her hands were shaking and I could see sweat forming on the top of her forehead-

I wonder if that'll make her transform-

Marinette's P.O.V:

I tried really hard to keep my composure and remain calm but my boyfriend's father just admitted to knowing what I was and that he could and would hurt me if he needed to-

"There's one problem with this though..." Gabriel stated plainly before snapping his finger.

I heard footsteps from behind me and turned to see Adrien's bodyguard walk out of the shadows of the room and behind me. I took a deep breath in, trying hard to keep calm and not cry. The bodyguard pulled out a bat and thrashed it into my skull, I screamed before the hit and once it had, dropped to the ground.

"I can't have you knowing where the lab is. Sorry."

Adrien's P.O.V:

I was playing piano with Nathalie when I suddenly heard a scream and a drop downstairs, it sounded like Marinette!

I stopped playing and froze, looking at Nathalie worriedly. "Did you hear that? It sounded like Marinette!"

"Hear what? I didn't hear anything." Nathalie stated. "Now, again. Beethovens 7th. Go."

I sighed and continued to play piano. I'll have to message Mari later and make sure she's alright.

(A/N- if you actually play Beethovens 7th symphony as you read all that it gives a really sinister vibe to it)

Gabriel's P.O.V:

I looked down at Marinette's unconscious body and noticed some blood coming out of her head. I widened my eyes and stood, causing the gorilla to step back in fear.

I picked up a syringe out of my drawer and walked beside Marinette. I stood there looking at her for a moment before kneeling down and collecting some of her blood in the syringe. "A blood test sample. Such a generous offer..." he looked to the bodyguard. "Take her to the lab, if she wakes..." he went back into his drawer and pulled out another syringe, only this had a liquid in it already. "sedate her."

He nodded and flipped Marinette's body over his shoulder before walking out of Gabriel's office.

Adrien's P.O.V:

I couldn't keep this up, acting like everything was fine. SOMETHING was happening to Marinette... And everyone was trying to hide it from me.

"... Nathalie I'm sorry I can't continue, I'm so hungry, I can't concentrate!.." I acted.

Nathalie sighed and nodded. "Of course, Adrien. I'll go see what the chefs can do for you." she smiled slightly at him and walked out of the room.

I waited a minute before leaving the room myself, I noticed my bodyguard carrying someone unconscious over his body out of the front door-

Had someone sneaked in and the bodyguard had knocked them out?

I couldn't see their face- they'd been covered with the stupid gorilla's jacket.

I ran back into my room and sent Marinette a text.

"Mari are you okay? I thought I'd heard you scream..."