Chapter 19- Hot beverages

3rd Person P.O.V:

Marinette stood at the golden gate with Nathalie as she buzzed herself in. The gates flew open and the two ladies entered the lot. Marinette loved walking through those giant golden gates, it made her feel like royalty.

It reminded her of home...

They stopped at the Agreste front door and Nathalie opened it before taking the box with the croissant in it and balancing the lattes on top of it. "Thank you for your assistance. Adrien is up in his room. I'll let you surprise him..." Nathalie stated graciously. Marinette smiled and nodded before rushing up the stairs and tapping on Adrien's door.

Adrien's P.O.V:

I heard a tap on my door. It must be Nathalie. I covered my legs with my blanket, hiding my underwear and answered the tapping.

"Come in." I half-shouted in a tired voice. The door slowly opened revealing Marinette with a box and cup. She shut the door and rushed over to me, placing the items on my bedside table and hugging me tightly.

"Adrien!" She squealed quietly as she cuddled me and I smiled fondly and cuddled her back. "Well I definitely wasn't expecting you this morning" he chuckled. "I thought you went back to the ocean?"

Marinette sat up. "Well, I did. For a little while. I helped out and prepared my sister for the coronation and then came back to the shore and went to the bakery to help out... but then Nathalie came in asking for 2 soy lattes and a hot chocolate. The rest is my little treat to you" she spoke softly in a chirpy tone. She passed me the cup and box and I smiled lightly. I took the lid off the cup and breathed in the heavenly scent. Hot chocolate with double whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and chocolate syrup drizzled on top... Just the way I like it, but how on earth did she get this by Nathalie?!

Oh well.

I shrugged and took a sip of the hot beverage. "You out-do yourself Princess" I whispered in between sips.

Marinette's P.O.V:

I blushed at the little nickname Adrien had given me.

"Princess?" I questioned.

He nodded whilst he had his sip and began to elaborate on his choice of words.

"Well, you're royalty. Meaning you deserve a title, and you're no longer queen, so you're a princess. Beside, you're my princess... and I plan to make you my Queen" Adrien leant over slightly and pecked my cheek, causing me to blush even more so.

I giggled lightly and opened the box, passing him a pain de chocolat. He smiled, gently took it off me and took a bite.

I made the right choice.

Nathalie's P.O.V:

I knocked on Mr. Agreste's study rooms door and awaited a reply. He opened the door and I smiled whilst entering. "Here sir. You're soy latte and croissant" I placed the items down on his desk "I've also ordered the books for you. I'm going to pick them up at noon." I turned to face Gabriel and noticed he was right in my face. I gasped for air in shock. "Oh, I'm sorry sir! I didn't see you there."

"Not to worry, Nathalie. Thank you for my latte and croissant." He replied

Something had changed within him... something was not the same. It's like he was playing by the rules of someone else's game. (A/N- if you get that reference comment below and I'll follow you and be your best friend for life) "Anytime, Sir." I stated formally.

"You may be excused" Gabriel smiled.  I nodded and made my way towards the door.

"Oh and one more thing..." Gabriel added.

I froze in my spot and turned back. "Yes sir?" I replied.

"Do you believe mermaids could exist?"

Is he serious?

"Well I don't see why not sir, we have hardly covered the depths of the ocean and there are still many islands we have no idea exist yet. They may do and we just haven't the time to have acknowledged them yet. Why do you ask? If you don't mind me asking that is..."

"Just curious. That will be all, thank you for your assistance Nathalie. I'll call on you if I need you."

I nodded and left the room, closing the door behind me.

I wonder what he meant... it's a fairly good question... do mermaids really exist?...

(A/N- Hey guys! Sorry for not uploading. I had a huge writers block and had the norovirous (stomach bug) so apologies but (fortunately) the Christmas holidays aren't too far away meaning soon enough I'll be able to upload more often. I've also started working on another short fanfiction which can be found on my account. The first chapter has already been uploaded, so what are you waiting for?! Keep an eye out for more updates and until next time... stay miraculous ❤️ bye guys! X)

Word count- 735