5- The Blonde Boy

HAILEY'S POV

I spent all day with Harry. We talked about lots, our parents, my family and his. I felt awful for Harry. He certainly didn't deserve the family he got.

I was sad when Dumbledore entered and found us. He smiled and put a hand on my shoulder.

"And who is this, Harry?" He asked. Harry's face reddened. I laughed.

"This is Hailey, from Beauxbatons." He coughed.

"Ah. I see..." Dumbledore looked at me for a longer time than last.

"Sorry to interrupt but Madamee Maxime tells me all you girls should be getting ready for dinner." I sighed and stood as Dumbledore started walking away. "Oh, and Hailey," Dumbledore called.

"Sir?" I responded.

"I like your necklace." He smiled and continued to walk out of the Great Hall. I grabbed my necklace and smiled.

"I guess I have to go." I looked down as Harry slid over the table. He quickly wrapped his arms around me and I did the same after I registered what was happening. Hogwarts students were, uh, friendly...

"I had a great time today, it was nice meeting you." He said, letting go within seconds. I smiled and so did he.

///

Celeste was smiling when I came into the dorm, sitting alone on her bed.

"What's with you?" I smirked and she sighed.

"I met a boy..." Celeste trailed off and smiled again.

"Do tell?" I kept my smirk on as I changed into my dinner attire.

"His name is Dean. Dean Thomas."

"Is that the boy you ran towards in the courtyard?" I asked, sitting on the stool in front of the mirror.

"Yea. We talked the whole day. When Madame Maxime told all the girls we had to change, Dean gave me a hug and kissed my cheek." She sighed and smiled.

"I'm happy for you, Cel," I said with a bobby pin in my mouth, attempting to control my hair for dinner. My thick hair was always a nuisance.

"Thanks. What about you, meet anyone? Boys?" Celeste questioned and I chuckled.

"I met multiple people today, actually, and yes, I met a boy but I had already met him." She gave me a confused look.

"The boy from the owlery first day. I found out his name and talked to all his friends for awhile until they left, then it was just me and him until now." I shrugged and she opened her mouth.

"What's his name?" She gushed.

"Harry Potter." I put the last bobby pin in place and looked at the mirror one last time before accepting my appearance.

"Harry Potter... Where have I heard that before?" Celeste mumbled as we walked out of the dorm.

"Anything interesting happen?" She nudged me as we walked down the stairs together.

"He gave me a hug when I left. Hogwarts students are friendly..." We laughed. I purposely left out the blonde boy. My mind wandered to the memory of his form slung over the railing, staring out over the water.

///

Dinner was boring. Dumbledore said today was the last day we had to sit with our school, so tomorrow I'll probably join Harry and Ron and everyone else for breakfast. I should invite Celeste! Maybe Harry knows Dean.