27- Pansy Parkinson And Draco Malfoy

HAILEY'S POV

Draco walked me back to the Beauxbatons tower, where he gave me a kiss on the cheek and thanked me for such a wonderful night. I didn't understand how he thought the night was wonderful, I dodged him all night and cried. What was so wonderful about that?

I went straight up to my dorm, being the only one in the tower it seemed. The common room was empty and there were no sounds that could be heard. As I went up the stairs slowly, I used this extra time to think. I knew it was wrong that I was dating Cedric, but had feelings for Draco. Strong feelings. Should I tell Cedric? How would he take it? Would he break up with me? What would I do then? Would I run to Draco? Was that fair to him?

I stopped walking up the stairs, a wave of guilt mixed with nausea washed over me, so I pushed the thoughts away like I had been doing all year. It boggled my mind how I had let this happen within 4 months of being at a new school.

Who knew 4 months could turn your world completely upside down.

I pushed open the dorm door, and couldn't help but scream in surprise and horrification. I bolted back down the stairs and straight out of the common room. I couldn't stay in there, no matter how bad I wanted to just curl up in my bed. I didn't want to go in that room ever again. I guess I wasn't the only one whose world had been turned around in just 4 months.

I continued to run without letting myself think, my mind was busy with contemplating the horrific sight I had just seen, so it was a surprise when I stopped in front of the Slytherin tower. I took a minute, huffing from the run. Why was I here?

"Hailey?" A female voice asked from behind me. I turned around to find myself face to face with Pansy Parkinson, the girl who gave me dirty looks every time she saw me with Draco, especially at meals.

"Pansy?" I knew who she was, but still, I was a little shocked.

"What are you doing here?" She asked with disgust in her voice as she crinkled her nose.

"I-"

"Shouldn't you be at the ball? With Draco?" I saw her fingers curl into her palms as she applied pressure.

"Yes... well no... I was, it's complicated." I answered, playing with my fingers. She shrugged and rolled her eyes, pushing past me. I heard her sniffle and I turned around to look at her again. She had moved into better lighting and I could now see black streaks that made there way from her eyes down to her cheeks. She had been crying. "Pansy? Are you okay?" I said before I could stop myself. Pansy immediately looked the other way, her face away from mine.

"I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" She asked, sounding startled and rushed.

"You wouldn't have makeup running down your face if you were okay.." I said gently, pushing my eyebrows together as I gave her a sympathetic look. She slowly turned her head to look at mine again. She bit her lip and looked down. Neither one of us said anything. I didn't want to because it was obvious she didn't want anyone to know she had been crying.

"Don't look at me like that." Her voice finally broke the silence.

"Like what?" My curiosity got the best of me again before I could think of something more helpful to say.

"Like you care. You don't. You don't know me, I don't know you. You're just the girl who doesn't even have to try, and has all these boys following her around like you're a movie star!" She huffed and blew a small piece of hair out of her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest and looking at me with anger in her burning hazel eyes.