Ch. 6 Tricked

Sabrina POV

The car ride was silent except for Sarah's constant yet beautiful humming. After a while it got aggravating so I asked her to stop and put on the radio. She agreed but what I didn't realize was that her favorite song came on.

 " SHE WEARS SHORT SKIRTS, I WEAR T-SHIRTS SHES CHEER CAPTAIN WHILE IM ON THE BLEACHERS. DREAMIN BOUT THE DAY WHEN YOU WAKE UP AND FIND THAT WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR HAS BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME!" Sarah LOVES "You Belong With Me". Dang! I screwed up. 

"AND YOU CAN SEE THAT IM THE ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS YOU. BEEN HERE ALL ALONG SO WHY CANT YOU SEEEEE-EEEEE YOU BELONG WITH MEEEE-EEE?!! YOU BELONG WI-" I quickly reach from the back seat to turn off the radio. I sit back down and look sideways to see Landry laughing her butt off. We all end up laughing and breathless.

When we got to the mall, first we went to Hollister. I couldn't find anything that I actually liked. We were about to leave the girls  section when I saw someone that looked like Peyton in the guys section. I rubbed my eyes and realized it WAS him. We had to leave as soon as possible. 

We were walking out, when I heard his voice and knew it was over. Landry looked back first, and her eyes lit up when she saw him. She loves him so much. She ran up to him and squeezed him into a hug. I wished he loved me like that.

He looked over at me and I turned away. I can't stand those two together. I mean sure, I love Peyton - as a friend because he definitely won't think of me the same way. Wait. But then why did he kiss me? Anyways, Landry is GREAT when we are hanging out together but with Peyton, it's not like she's completely different, she's just... a ... little different. I mean like, she acts more bubbly and girly. It's weird. Peyton acts more mushy gushy, which I guess she likes. Their just unbearable together. Well at least to me.

I fell behind in the mall walking with my head down until I look up only to see them leaning in to each other. I storm past them up to Sarah, who just keeps her eyes forward. She knows that is she interferes she could possibly be physically and probably emotionally hurt. If I'm angry, I take it out on the wrong people, like last year.

Next, we go to Nordstrom and I buy a blue crop top, ripped black jeans, and smooth black boots/heels.

After many stores, I faked being sick because I couldn't bare to watch them anymore.

During the car ride, I was silent. Landry was starting conversations with Sarah but I continuously stayed quiet. She glanced over at me with a sad look a few times but I just shifted to look towards the window and watched the trees, cars, and buildings pass by. To keep myself happy, I thought about my new clothes.

 To keep myself happy, I thought about my new clothes