Ch.22 Company

Sabrina's POV

I haven't been dating anyone since Shawn and I went our desperate ways. I've gotten closer to Nash as a friend. Although, he's been in and out of where I live, Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania.

Since it's Saturday, I have freedom to do what I want today. However, I got a call from Elizabeth, Nash's mother, asking me to babysit Skylynn and Hayes. I gladly accepted.

Even though Hayes is fourteen, a year younger than me, Elizabeth insists on me watching him. Personally, I think it's unnecessary, but I'm not gonna argue with her about something so frivolous.

It was about ten a.m. now. I had to be there by 11.

I began to get ready since their vacation house is pretty far from my house.

I put on a light gray crop top and camouflage jeans. I found a light pink scarf that I swaddled around my neck since it's quite cold here in October. I threw on a rose gold watch on my right hand and put on gray Jordan 11s. I quickly put on natural makeup, curled my hair, put on a cross necklace, and twisted on two small golden rings on my left hand. I also got a white laptop bag and put a few necessities in it.

 I also got a white laptop bag and put a few necessities in it

I was done getting ready within forty-five minutes. I was going to be late, but thankfully, Sarah got back from her brunch with her friends and offered to drive me to the Grier's house. I gladly accepted and got into her car.

I was ten minutes late. I ran up to their modern, marble door and knocked softly on it.

Elizabeth opened the door.

"Hi! I'm so sorry that I'm late." I apologized.

"Oh, honey, you're fine. Thank you for babysitting while Nash and I are out." She kindly said.

"Oh, it's no problem. Skylynn is an angel and Hayes is like a brother to me." I smile.

"Well that's very sweet of you." She grins. "Well, as you know, call me if anything happens, money for pizza is on the island, and Skylynn's bedtime is 8:30, although we should hopefully be back before then." She summarized as she walked out the door, Nash soon following behind. I nod and mumble 'mhmm' when she's done speaking. I lightly close the door and go upstairs to find Sky.

"Sky?" I ask while opening the door to her room.

"Sabrina!" She exclaims, jumping into my arms.

"Hey, what's up, Buttercup!" I smile at her.

"Not much. Wanna play horsies?" She asked. I chuckled and nodded.

"Sure. I would love to play." I kneel down and begin to play horsies with her until she fell asleep for a nap. I set her in her bed and went downstairs to order pizza.

I ordered large half-cheese, half-pepperoni. On my way to the living room, I ran into Hayes, who was half asleep. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at me. "Sabrina?" He exclaims as his eyes go wide and he comes in to hug me.