13-you need to go for pitcher dude

Carter and I are warming up and when we're done I go and get my brand new catchers gear. I put my helmet on when I am finished and wait at one end of my large yard and Carter on the other side. He pitches to me and throws a perfect strike. He throws 8 more when I say, "you need to go for pitcher dude. You're amazing." I get up and walk over to him throwing my helmet off.

"I'm glad your going for Catcher then," Carter says grinning.

I smile back.

I hook my phone up to my Bluetooth speaker after we finish practicing throws.

Country Radio on Pandora. Yes.

I hook my machine pitch up and take the first bat. One ball goes by. I hit the second one to the net and run to first (aka the East side of my yard).

Carter beat me to it. I'm out.

After he bats and misses 5 he gets one and we decide to take a break.

Carter is staring at me when I ask, "What?"

"Nothing," he replies smiling.

"Okay," I say laughing when he puts a hand behind my neck. I freeze as I hear the slow song. It's Die a Happy Man~ Thomas Rhett.

Carter leans in and kisses me ever so softly. He leans back and smiles at me. I feel my face turn red before I look down.

Great now I feel guilty. "Why'd you do that?" I ask Carter.

"I-I- I don't know and I'm sorry," he says trailing off.

I look at the time before saying,
"We'd better get to tryouts." Carter and I get into put vehicles and drive to the baseball fields leaving at separate times. When we get there I fix my hat and see Cauy in the dugout. "I thought you didn't like baseball?" I ask, pushing his shoulder lightly.

"I decided it was worth a shot, what with being Senior year and all," he says grinning at me.

"What did you sign up for?" I ask taking his sheet. It says Left Field/ Third Base.

"Alright ladies, and Embry, line up by last name," Coach Henderson (Hendo) orders us.

Great I'm the last person. Until Carter stands in last spot. What's his last name? Vinca! Right!

"Did you change your position offer to Pitcher?" I ask and he nods.

We watch everyone go until it's Cauy's turn, wherefore I pay close attention. He; swings and hits 3 balls; catches 4/5 pop flies; and gets his grounders. Yay!

Before I know it, I'm up. I walk up to home plate and feel the grip in my batting gloves. I swing and hit 4 balls. I missed none and I smile to myself. Coach tells me to put my catching gear on and I do so in 3 minutes. I stand behind home plate and crouch. I'm thrown 4 strike balls, 2 balls, and some that went behind me. I rip my helmet off and grab the baseball. I throw it to Parker, the guy who's been pitching since sophomore year.

I take the gear off and head to first base. Parker throws me pop flies, grounders and straight forward fast balls. I catch them all. I know I'm already assigned a spot on the team since Coach Hendo loves me. *smiles innocently*

My boys and I from last years team (even the seniors rhat graduated last year came!) (Parker-Casin-David-Jimmy-Cartr-Cole-L.B.-Jacksn-Jonathan-Topher-Luis and I) go to Wataburger to eat afterwards. They all make the most stupid remarks too. I almost die from laughing so hard.

Parker: "Remember when we came here to eat after our last game last year and got kicked out because Casin and Embry got into a ketchup war and we all joined in?"

Casin: "Boi remember when I almost body slammed Embry into the play slide?"

David: "Remember when Faith got pissed at me for letting Embry hang with us because she's our sister?"

Jimmy: "Sarah loves these French fries!!!!!!"

Cartr: "How about the time we slammed Embry's face into a milkshake at Dairy Queen?"

Cole: "Or when we dared Embry and Casin to make out on counter but they were wusses?"

L.B.: "Or when we put baby powder in Jonathan's shoes and shirt!"

Jacksn: "How about when we were baseball thugs for Halloween and walked through Walmart with Embry in the air?!"

Jonathan: "What y'all need to be talking about us when we covered David with Salsa!"

Topher: "Who else remembers Parker crying after we let Embry pick The Notebook as our movie on movie Saturday!"

Luis: "What is valuable remembrance is when Embry and I brought our trombones to the drive in movie and blared them!"

Me: "Or when we had a sleepover in the baseball fields and I had my first kiss with Casin!"

Then it goes silent. Talk about awkward.

We finish eating and laughing and we all head home after parading through Walmart again.😂.

When I get home I check my phone. 8 texts from Cauy asking where I've been. I don't even care if he knows I read the messages. I turn my phone off shower and sleep.

I've had fun with my boys.