17-i need to get away from here

Since the next day is last day before Christmas break I spent the night at Carter's house since his parents were out of town for business trips.

I get out of the shower and walk into Carters room wearing my Boston Red Socks T-shirt and my Texas Rangers long socks with my New York Mets shorts. "That's a lot of teams for one girl," Carter says to me when I lay down next to him on his bed.

"I know that, but I'm not ordinary," I explain before I kiss him lightly.

"Well wanna sleep?" Carter asks me when we pull away.

I look at the clock. 9:02 pm

"Puh-leeze it's 9. Let's go for a walk or something," I ask.

Carter puts some nike shoes on while I'm wearing my converse.

We get into his truck and drive to a park overlooking a lake. The lake is frosted over and looks beautiful.

We walk to the edge of a rock a good 2 feet from the lake. I look at Carter and he throws an acorn at me. "Hey!" I say and laugh. Then I shove him into the lake and he pulls me with him. It's freezing cold. We go back to Carter's House and I change into his T-shirt and some of his basketball shorts. I grab his hoodie too. He's wearing a pair of basketball shorts and no shirt. I can see his abs and Dangggg!

Carter plops down in his bed and turns Netflix on his laptop. We watch Titanic™. I settle into Carters arms around my waist and our hands intertwined. I fall asleep to his smell of leather and books.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I wake up at about 5 am to a group text from Faith and Mari.

Faith: omg Mari did you see Carter with Jaden in the hall on the way back from the library?!

Mari: yes I got a picture too! *shows picture of a girl wearing a jacket that looks like Carter's and a guy with his arm around the girls shoulders*

Me: pshh

Faith: it's true you better get away from him.

Mari: *sends more pics of the people from before*

Faith: we are warning you idiot!

Mari: we are!

Me: he wouldn't

Faith: *sends picture of the people kissing*

I mute the chat and look at Carter. I walk to his desk and look at his jacket. It's the one from the picture.

I walk back into Carter's dresser making noise, and he stirs. I have to get out of here as fast as possible. I grab my phone and bag. I put my converse on not caring that I'm wearing Carter's clothes.

"Where are you going?" Carter asks me.

"I hate you don't ever talk to me again," I say and walk out of the house. As soon as I step out into the cold 2 pairs of hands grab me and I'm being held back by one person and beaten by another. The stomach. The jaw. The nose; eye- arm- leg- ankle- rib- etc.

I'm dropped and the people run off and I hear, "you're so gullible you idiot!"

I feel my side and there is blood. Carter runs outside and finds me. Everything is blurry but I see Carter pick a bloody knife up. He throws it in the bushes and carries me inside.

"I'm so sorry. I love you, what happened? Baby don't leave me," Carter tells me.

I drink a water bottle and my vision is normal again. I'm on Carter's kitchen counter and the light is on so he can doctor me up. "Did you throw a knife outside?" I ask.

"Yes... Whoever did this to you will be found I swear," he says then I realize his hand is on my side. He's covering an area that was stabbed. "Ou nee to go to the hospital," Carter says looking at me.

"No, my sister works there and she will tell my mom. Please no," I plead.

Carter nods and lies me down on the counter and he lifts the shirt. He stitches me up with stuff from the first aid kit.

He looks at my legs and there is a gash on my thigh. He stitches that too.

"Can I go see what I look like?" I ask a little scared.

"There is a full mirror in he hall, c'mon."

I look at my legs first and there are already bruises. There is blood all over my legs and it isn't from the gash. It's scratches. I look at my waist next and see the stitches. Then I see more bruises. I look at my arms. My wrists are bleeding from the person holding me back. Nail marks. Bruises. My face is the worst. I have a black eye already that don't look pretty.

Tears fall for my face and I say, "I need to get away from here." I look at Carter with fear.