25-lets go dance!

We walk into prom and look at the decor. It was red carpet themed and dang was it amazing! We took our picture before going into the gym where the dance floors and tables were set.

"Let's go dance!" I hear Carter yell as a song comes on.

"Okay," I say before smiling into a small kiss.

Carter and I get onto the dance floor and listen to the song. Yeah boy by Kelsea Ballarini.

Carter wraps one arm around my waist and intertwined his hand with my free one.

"Yeah boy wanna take a little ride with ya, yeah boy wanna spend a little time with ya, yeah boy wanna sip a little wine with ya," I sing and when I look up at Carter he's just smiling down at me.

"I love your voice," he says to me. "I love you even more though."

"I love you too," I say to him before resting my head on his chest.

The song ends and we walk back to our table.

"Y'all are literal goals! I took a picture for you!" I hear Naómi squeal. "Can you take a picture of Kameron and I when we dance?"

"Of course!" I respond to her when Carter's wrap on me tightened.

"Y'all were so-o cute out there!" I hear Mari's voice as she runs her nails along my neck slowly. I shudder.

"Hey! This is an A-B conversation, so you better C your D out of it before E, F's you up," I hear Kameron throw at her.

"ROASTED!" Carter shouts.

"TOASTED!" Naómi and I say in unison before laughing. *inside joke*

"Well Then... See ya later girl!" Faith says before leaving the table.

"Anger management!" Carter says in a high voice before we go into fits of laughter. A slow song comes on and I take Kameron and Naomi's picture and when they come back I excuse myself to use the restroom.

When I walk into the bathroom I see a few juniors that I don't know crying so I leave deciding to get a breath of fresh air.

I'm looking at the moon for a few minutes before I hear a voice behind me. Oh brother.

"Well! Whatcha doin out here all by yourself little Em-Em? I didn't think it would be this easy to "find you all crumpled" but, I guess you can end this pain right here," I hear Faith.

I give up. I'm ever going to beat her. She will come for me as long as she gets Carter out of it.

I'm weak...

I'm useless...

I'm fat...

I'm ugly...

I'm a wimp...

I'm opposite...

Normally I didn't have s problem with self esteem, but sticks and stones may break my bones but words now break down my self esteem.

She's not giving up and I'm getting hurt... Might as well give her what she wants instead of waiting longer.

My phone goes off and I see a message from Carter;

Carter😘💙💜: Where are you baby?

Me: I'm still waiting. Lines long. No more than 10 minutes.

Carter😘💙💜: Naómi said you weren't in any bathrooms.

Me: Carter do you love me?

Carter😘💙💜: yes Embry. I love you so much!

Me: Carter... I want to say goodbye... I love you. Good luck!

"Go ahead... Kill me now. Please put me out of my misery..," I tell Faith.

I don't look up when I hear the doors open. I know it's Carter. He lunges for Faith when Mari walks out while on the phone with 9-1-1. Something about a murderous teen.

Everyone's too late. Faith throws the knife and something hits me. Everything goes blurry until I hear a voice saying, "oh my gosh... Baby I love you so much. Embry don't leave me... I can't live without you. Oh gosh I let your brother down. I love you..."

Then there's a bright light... Then darkness.