KISMET Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The holiday couldn't have gone better. It was a perfect cottage his parents often rent and it happened to be free to so we go it. We laughed so much and enjoyed each others company to the max. Food and Beer always taste better after along day out in the fresh air. The sex was amazing and of course I got my way and had him on top of many a hill and mountain. We spent that much time naked I felt like a naturist. I was sad to leave but we had a life to get back too and I had to rethink my life.

As we drove back in the car, I was couldn't help but mull it over when Liam reached across putting his hand in mine. "Hey babe, you alright?" he asked concerned.

"Yeah," I whispered still caught up in my own thoughts.

He lifted my hand to his mouth and kissed the back of it. I smiled at the gesture. I was so lucky to have him and I couldn't be more in love if I tried. He was my world. I didn't want to spend another moment of my life without him and seeing as he felt the same about me, there was no chance of that happening.

We pulled into a service station for a break and to refill the car.

As we sat drinking our coffee Liam said something but I missed it as my mind wondered.

"Sorry, what was that?" I said shaking my head to clear it.

"I said you've been somewhere else these past few hours," he repeated.

I shrugged, not knowing what to say.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Nothing really to say, my mind is just whirling. Its not very coherent. Sorry I am not very good company," I said.

"Don't be silly I love being with you, you are my favourite person on the entire planet," he said smiling.

"Yeah well you are my favourite person in the history of creation," I countered.

He chuckled. "Come here and I'll give you a cuddle," he said pulling me around to his side of the booth. Wrapping me in his arms, I closed my arms and sighed. I felt much better already.

"Liam," I said.

"Mmm," he murmured.

"You really are the man of my dreams, you do know that don't you?" I said seriously.

He laughed lightly.

"I'm serious, I love you and you mean the world to me," I said. "And I want to keep you forever."

His phone rang vibrating against us.

He answered it, "Hiya,"...... "Mmm Hmmm,"..... "Excellent news,"..... "You are a star,"..... "She is going to be ecstatic,".... "Thank you, I'll speak to you soon, bye," he said and hung up.

"Right sorry about that, where were we.... Oh right you love me and want to keep me forever," he said. I nodded and snuggled my head closer into his chest. "Do you think you could love me more?" he asked.

"Everyday, more and more," I said.

He laughed lightly. "What about if I told you the charges had been dropped and you were no longer on probation and wouldn't have a criminal record," he said.

I looked up at him to see the humour in his eyes but there was none there. "What? Are you kidding?" I asked.

"Nope, its true, all done and dusted, you are a free woman," he said.

I was in shocked and relief and... oh I don't know.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

Silent tears of relief began to fall as I stared into space trying to fathom it all. "What... how... why?" I asked.