KISMET Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I ventured into the kitchen to make a night cap so I could watch a film whilst snuggled under my bunki. There was no way I could sleep yet. I heard a noise outside. I stopped and listened. It was voices.

"Liam just wait," a voice said.

"I just need to know she is alright," Liam said he sounded drunk. "I've been an absolute wanker to her and sh...."

I heard the sound of falling and giggling. He was drunk. It made me giggle.

I opened the door to see Liam lying on the grass flat on his back. I marched over and straddled him. "What time do you call this?" I said. "I expected you home an hour ago!"

He looked at me confused. "What?" he said.

"Hi Tyson," I said looking up at his brother.

"You alright Shannon," Tyson said a bit shocked that I was the girl his brother was twittering on about.

"You two know each other?" Liam said looking from me to Tyson.

"Yeah," Tyson said, "She is Rob and Lindsay's mate."

"Oh right," Liam said as he stared at me. "You're beautiful," he slurred making me blush.

"So with you lying flat on your back like this and me riding Tandem, does that mean the parachute free fall is over?" I asked him with a smile on my face. He was bloody gorgeous.

"You don't hate me?" he asked still looking confused.

"Hate you? Don't be silly, I love you and I've missed you," I said.

"What?" he said his face draining of all colour.

"I... LOVE... YOU... LIAM McKENDREY!" I said clearly. "Now get in the house, you are making a show of me in the street," I said as I stood up.

"Sorry about this," Tyson said.

"Don't worry, I will just have to get him a key cut and that way he won't wake the neighbours next time," I said with a grin. "Help him in and I will make the coffee," I said turning to walk inside.

I could hear them behind me as I walked ahead.

"She knows my last name....Why doesn't she hate me?" Liam asked.

"Because she loves you Bro, she just said so," Tyson said.

"She did... I thought I was hallucinating," Liam said.

"No she definitely loves you," Tyson said. "She missed you too and you are an hour late!"

"Shit! An hour... what time is it?" Liam asked.

"An hour later than she was expecting your drunk ass falling over her garden fence," Tyson said.

I walked into the kitchen, put the coffee pot on and took a spare key from the cabinet.

"Keys," I said with my hand out to Liam as he lay on the sofa where his brother had dropped him.

"Hey?" he said confused.

I rummaged in his pocket and found them. I put the spare key on with his others.

"Pay attention both of you, this is the key, use it next time or I'll beat you both with a big stick," I said. "Do you understand?" I asked.

They both nodded and Tyson smirked. He also found it very amusing that it was a metallic pink key. I am a girl what was he expecting. I leant forward and put the keys back in his pocket.

"Are you hungry?" I asked Liam. "I'll make you something to eat."

"Can I have a kiss?" he asked.