KISMET Chapter 20

Chapter 20

After dinner the boys had their bath and made an absolute mess in there.

Liam carried a soggy Marvin back to my room to dry him off and Joe soon followed as I threw some towels on the floor to soak up the water.

"I'll do that," Liam said as I was on my hands and knees mopping it up.

"It's ok, I'm done now," I said. "Their Pyjamas are in the airing cupboard. I'll be in now."

"Let me help you up first," he said.

"I am ok, don't fuss," I protested.

"Shannon you are eight months pregnant with my child, on your hands and knees on a wet bathroom floor...."

"Alright, alright I will get up," I moaned.

"Can I help you up?" he asked.

"Yes, sorry I am just tired. I don't mean to take it out on you," I said taking his hand as he helped me up. "Urrrggghh!" I said as I stood on wobbly legs with a heavy bump.

Liam chuckled.

"Don't laugh, you made me like this, you git!" I said moodily.

"I didn't hear you complaining at the time," he said with a grin. "Ok there was some moaning but..."

"Oi!" I said hitting him playfully. "And for the record that moaning came from you," I said and giggled.

"I'm not denying it," he said as I giggled and walked off into my room to find a naked Marvin jumping up and down on my bed. Joe was on his Nintendo.

"Right PJ's on, hot chocolate and watch a film in bed," I said. Liam frowned. "What it is the school holidays and the weekend so a film in bed won't hurt and I wake them for wee before I go to sleep." I explained. "You can make the drinks if you want. They have their names on their cup and don't make it too hot."

"Ok, do you want one?" he asked.

"No thank you, just make it for you three," I said.

I put some product in Marvin's afro and he was ready for bed in super hero PJ's.

He was bouncing about like a ball as I was trying to blow dry Joe's skater boy hair.

"Marvin, you will fall," I said as he bounded around the bed.

Joe's hair done, I helped him into his PJ Top as bang.... Marvin fell and hurt himself.

He screamed, as I ran over to lift him up and check him. I bent over to pick him up.

"I'll get him," Liam said stopping me. "He's too heavy for you to lift."

Marvin was hysterical now.

"Come here mate, let me see," Liam said picking him up. "Ooo that is a big lump."

"Bwwaahhh!" Marvin screamed. He hated getting hurt.

Joe started crying then because Marvin was hurt and he was very sensitive.

Mayhem ensued.

My head spun as the screaming hurt my head. I started to feel weak, hot and thirsty... oh shit I was going to pass out.

I sat on the end of the bed.

"Shannon, you ok?" Liam asked.

"Yeah I will be... just give me a minute," I said breathless, my heart racing as I fought not to pass out.

"Here lie down," he said arms pushing me back.

"Mummy!" Joe said worried.

"Get mummy's cloth baby," I said and Joe ran off. He returned with a wet flannel placing it on my head.