The One With The Mistletoe

Dan was seated on the sofa wearing an ugly Christmas jumper matching with his entire family (which included Phil of course) as he saw Phil helping his mother bake some cookies.

It was unbelievable how well they were getting along with each other as they laughed and kept talking most of the time.

And how Phil helped her ice her cookies with little roses on the top of them.

All this time there was a little smile etched on his lips.

Soon his mother came proud of her creation and Phil smiling beside her as everyone took a cookie.

Phil caught Dan's eyes and grinned at him and Dan grinned back at him.

Since it was Christmas' Eve Dan's parents had gone out for some last minute shopping blaming each other for the delays and bickering before finally leaving.

Blake was at his girlfriend's house leaving Dan and Phil alone at the house.

Dan still had to get used to how touchy Phil had suddenly become from yesterday. He was casually sat between Phil's legs tangled with his Phil's hand holding his and they watched a movie.

Phil pressed a kiss on Dan's shoulder out of nowhere startling him.

"What?" Dan asked.

"Nothing" Phil smiled as he pecked Dan's lips.

Dan turned around slightly blushing. At first, Dan thought that Phil was acting this way only because he wanted his parents to not be suspicious but right now there was no one around to put an act for.

Did that mean the break was over?

Dan had many questions that needed answers but they were best not asked he thought as he leaned back a little enjoying Phil's warmth when he felt Phil pressing another kiss on his head.

***

Christmas morning proved to be a joyful affair as everyone was sat in their pajamas opening gifts. Dan had gotten a pair of expensive shoes that he had wanted for a long time from his parents. How did they know? He had no idea. Phil had gifted him a nice bottle of cologne and his brother had given him a scented candle something Dan could possibly never have enough of.

Dan had given Phil a violin album and Dan's parents had got Phil a gift card and Phil gave them a porcelain vase.

The gift session was followed by a hearty Christmas breakfast.

Soon enough it was afternoon and time for Christmas dinner as everyone was sat around the dinner table as Dan's dad came with a huge roast turkey and set it on the table.

He sat down as everyone dug in the delicious feast.

It was delicious of course and Dan couldn't believe how much he had missed his mum's cooking.

They sat jovially eating and his parents were talking mostly to Phil as Dan was busy stuffing his face.

"I miss my parents a lot," Phil said. "But I really had such a great time here"

Dan's parents beamed at Phil.

Soon the conversation went on about Phil's family and Dan was only listening to half of it as he knew Phil's family well.

When the dinner was done, everyone opened their Christmas crackers. Dan got a little party hat and Phil got a bad joke with a terrible pun which fit Phil perfectly.

Soon after everyone gathered in the living room to watch some Christmas movies as Dan's dad made mugfuls of hot chocolate for everyone and even Blake's girlfriend had joined them.