Chapter 16

The next morning, Tina woke up first. She saw that Newt was still sleeping, so she got up to make him some tea. She would have fed his creatures for him, but she knew that they were very picky, and she didn't want to mess it up. Newt awoke much later than he usually did, but in his defense he couldn't sleep last night. He was dreading the angry rants from the his hungry creatures. Fearing that the creatures would get angrier the longer he stayed in bed, he finally got up.
"Morning." Newt said drowsily.
"Good morning." Tina greeted him.
Newt kissed her before hurrying off to feed the impatient creatures. Tina smirked. She watched him run off, being trampled by the niffler and bowtruckles.
"Come on, I know, I know I'm late, I'm very sorry, I just couldn't fall asleep last night. Yes, I know that's not an excuse, but guys, please just understand." Newt pleaded to the creatures.
He rushed over to each nest and habitat, feeding them each different types of food. He spent the most time with Dougal, checking to see his progress with Elizabeth.
"You invited her to your nest? Well, thats a big step Dougal, how did it go?" Newt conversed with Dougal.
Dougal explained how everything went.
"Oh, thats good. Mhmm. Yes, yes. Oh Dougal, I'm proud of you." He praised Dougal.
Dougal nodded and strutted away proudly. After a little while, Newt finally seemed to be done with feeding the creatures. Tina handed him a hot cup of tea.
"Thank you." Newt said as he sipped his tea.
Newt rubbed his eyes constantly, trying not to fall asleep standing up.
He finally said, "Well, Dougal's little plan to win over Elizabeth is working quite well I think. I combed his hair last night, and he invited her to his nest."
"Oh really." Tina giggled.
Newt wrapped her into a hug and kissed her, hoping that Queenie wouldn't come barging in at any moment. But kissing her didn't last long, because Queenie soon came knocking on the case. Newt sighed before shouting "Come in!"
Queenie came in, still unaware that she was ruining the moment.