Chapter 20

Tina saw the look of true happiness on Newt's face. To see him like this delighted her, for all she wanted in the world was for him to be happy. By this time, night would soon be falling, and Queenie would be arriving home from work soon. Jacob would be staying with family for the next few night while they were in town. Newt and Tina decided to make dinner for Queenie, since she usually did so. Newt used his wand to retrieve on of Queenie's recipe books, searching for a meal to make. Tina appeared behind him, looking over his shoulder.
"Let's make vegetable soup, thats her favorite, and it's cold outside. Newt nodded in agreement and started taking the required vegetables out of the refrigerator. Tina opened the cupboard, pulled out cans of vegetable broth, and started pouring them into a pot over the stove. Newt chopped carrots and cucumbers speedily, for he was used to cutting herbs for remedies and medicines. He kept subconsciously glancing at Tina, who seemed to know what she was doing more than he did. After about 45 minutes, the soup was finally done, and just in time for Queenie, who walked in the door five minutes later. Tina hurriedly began serving the soup into bowls. Newt gestured at Queenie to sit down and he brought cups of tea to the table.
"Thank you guys, so very much. I really do appreciate it." Queenie thanked them graciously.
"You're very welcome, you deserve it." Tina replied.
They are their meal in silent, as they usually did, Newt occasionally glancing at Queenie to see if she approved of the meal. After they were all done eating, Newt cleared the dishes of the table and charmed them to clean themselves.
"Thank you guys, it was delicious!" Queenie said with appreciation. "And I'm not just saying that." Queenie giggled as she shot a glance at Newt.
She seemed to have read his mind, for that was what he was thinking. He looked at Tina before leaving the room with his case. She didn't follow him, because she could tell that his intentions were to give her and her sister some time together. He didn't want Queenie to feel as if he stole Tina.