35| date to the dance

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ─────
"Babbling, bumbling, band of baboons."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"Look at this!" Hermione Granger exclaimed, slamming a newspaper onto the table. The sound echoed in the bustling Great Hall, drawing everyone's attention.

"What?" I asked, spinning around to face her.

"She's done it again!" Hermione's eyes were practically aflame with anger. 

I shot her a confused look.

"Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report, is none other than the Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow," she read, her voice laced with fury.

"She's horrible!" I exclaimed.

Just then, a first-year appeared at Ron's side, beaming with excitement. "Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley!"

"Thank you, Nigel," Ron replied, taking the package with a puzzled expression.

But Nigel didn't move. His gaze was fixed on Harry, a goofy smile plastered on his face. I cleared my throat, trying to get Ron's attention.

"Not now, Nigel. Later," Ron said, glancing up with irritation. "Go on."

I exchanged a look with Ron that silently asked what that was about.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph," Ron shrugged, a sheepish grin spreading across his face. "Oh, look! Mum's sent me something!"

Ron ripped open the box, revealing what looked like a pile of old rags. But as he stood up, the fabric unraveled, revealing a long, frilly dress. Students leaned in, their curiosity piqued.

"Mum sent me a dress!" Ron announced, his eyes wide with disbelief.

Laughter erupted around the table, echoing through the hall.

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry questioned, sorting through the box with a mischievous grin. "Aha!"

He pulled out a frilly bonnet, its lace and ribbons adding to the absurdity of the scene.

"Put it down, Harry!" Ron spat, his cheeks reddening with embarrassment. Ignoring the laughs, the picked up the dress and strolled over to Ginny. "Ginny, these must be for you."

"I'm not wearing that; it's ghastly!" Ginny shrieked, crossing her arms defiantly.

I couldn't help but laugh along with Hermione, as Ron stood there, dumbfounded.

"What are you two on about?" Ron asked.

"They're not for Ginny," Hermione said, a knowing glint in her eyes.